Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Torrent

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Car Great. Oil usage very bad.
By George

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent has 13,000 miles on it. It has been carefully driven and dealer serviced. It uses 1 qt. of oil every 2000 miles. GM says this is normal for all of their cars and trucks and refuses to fix it. Dealer says they've not seen this before but refuses to help. GM's Regional Manager refuses to contact me so I can discuss this with GM. This defect and GM's refusal to honor their warranty has ruined our experience with an otherwise excellent vehicle. I strongly suggest you not buy a GM vehicle.

The car is great except for the engine and GM's refusal to admit that excessive oil usage is a defect.

GM needs to stop insulting the intelligence of its customers by thinking it can ignore defects by saying they're not a defect. I paid for a quality engine and didn't get one.

A Home Run for Our Family
By Dazz

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Torrent has been a hit for my wife and me. We have pack it to the top and traveled with it. The rear seats and front passenger seat fold flat which allows a lot more storage. I consistently get 20-21 mpg and have gotten 26 when going 60 mph. Overall, my wife and I lover our Torrent!

We sprung for the Navigation system and have no regrets. I also jumped for 17" Chrome Wheels and added GM Accessory Chrome Door Handles.

I wish the fuel door was on the driver's side. It's an annoyance at the gas station. The cup holders and the emergency brake don't perfectly mesh.

Awesome SUV
By Carlos

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like many of you, I was doing some research last year trying to buy a comfortable, spacious and low price SUV. In conclusion the Torrent beat all the other suv I researched (Patriot,compass, Escape, Mercury). You get more of what you pay for. I bought the Bugg shield, window visor and mud guard. Wish it make it look cooler. Gas Mileage is decent compared to other cars or SUVs, can't complain.

The Leg space is awesome. I don't have to deal with my baby kicking the back of the driver seat. Cargo area is big too. Interior really nice design

The chrome console look good, but the reflex of the sun would blind you while you drive.

A great small SUV!
By gm4life

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking for a small SUV since 2005. I have looked on and off but in 2006 when I saw the Torrent I knew I had to have one. I test drove the Rav and CRV and the Torrent left the best impression on me. It had the feel of a sporty Pontiac. The Torrent has decent giddy-up not as much as my 2005 Bonneville SLE but still enough. The back-seat slides forward and back to adjust for cargo room or leg room. I have been very happy with its balance of function and performance. In a crowded segment the Torrent stands out, and frankly there is not a better small SUV out there for the money. I am enjoying this little thing a lot and it is perfect for a family the likes to travel.

Sliding rear seat, sporty handling and excellent performing 5 speed automatic. I also love the DIC (drive info center) and the aux input jack for my i-Pod.

I love my black interior but could they offer a gray in addition to tan and black? Other than that nothing. I really like this Pontiac.

Long Time Toyota Owner/Purchaser
By BtCaptiva

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am truly impressed with this vehicle. Styling is "eye catching" and performance with the 184 HP engine is remarkably strong, handling is much like a sports car feel. Highway is a smooth ride. Instrumentation is easily viewed and accessible. There is plenty of room for driver and passengers. The back seat adusts as well which is unique. As a mid-size it is comparable to other, more expensive makes, as far as hauling capacity. The sound system is wonderful. During hot summer months the A/C cools quickly. I looked at other makes comparable in size priced in the $30,000's that I would normally purchase but for the money I choice this Torrent and have been pleased. Time will tell.

Sound system, ride, handling, gas mileage.

Lights on mirrors in visors.