Used 2007 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Torrent

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Love It
By S.Roylance

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We took our Torrent for test drive and knew that this was our vehicle. I love the leather seats. The only thing that I would like to see is the cup holders and the emergency brake changed. They are a pain where they are and the window controls took a bit to get used to, but overall I love my Torrent and will be buying another one when this one is too old.

The remote start. And the comfy seats.

Move the cup holders and the emergency brake. Get rid of the silver around the console, it's hard on the eyes when the sun is out.

Very Dissappointed Torrent Owner
By Vincent Smith

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I fell in love with the style. I have had nothing but problems with it since day one. I must have got a real lemon. I am now involved with GM Head Office. The file folder I have on this vehicle is to big to mention. Everything has gone on it but the Dealership in my hometown of Orillia never seems to be able to agree with my findings of course. Hoping to trade it in soon. The unfortunate part is I love the vehicle so much I am considering taking another Torrent for a test drive. I hope they are not all of the same quality.

Lots of room. Sporty style and sharp on the front.

Clean up the electrical parts inside and there seems to be a major problem with stabilizer, bushings control arm ball joints. Oh yeah, I have had them all and more

Nice CUV
By Mark C

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for almost a year now and have not had a problem with it. It drives very smooth, very appealing exterior which is hard to find right now.

Lots of room, back seats move back and fourth, A lot of cargo room with seats down fit about 30 cases of beer and still had a lot of power.

Wish it had the 6 speed in the 2007 version

I'm Happy
By Happy

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Torrent is the first brand new vehicle I have ever purchased. I was used to driving a Camaro, but wanted something roomier and better in bad weather. I haver been very pleased with my Torrent. I get approx 22 to 23 mpg which I am happy with. I agree with everybody else in saying that the parking break and cup holders should be restructured so they could be used at the same time, and also the location of the cigarette lighter is hard to get to when you are using the cup holders. Everything else is GREAT! I would definitely suggest a Pontiac Torrent to anyone.

Steering wheel controls (radio and cruise control, sunroof, spacious (and I am 5'9) spacious cargo, heated seats, remote start (on that cold winter morning), good gas mileage.

Change the location of the cup holders or the parking brake, so that both can be used at the same time. I would also use a different material around the gear shift, that chrome is blinding when the sun hits it and also scratches easily.

2007 torrent
By Teresa

2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of the Pontiac Torrent very roomy for a smaller suv. I have had my torrent in the shop at least 8 times for ignition problems. The key will not turn. It's like in a lock position and all they would do is spray and lube the ignition. At 30,000 miles now my rotors are warped and they say they just do that sometimes. They just replaced the ignition cylinder hoping this fixes the problem!

Lots of room and sharp looking ride.

Need better interior cloth and should have put parking brake somewhere else. should make them to get better gas mileage