Used 2003 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Sunfire

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (66 reviews )

Major Problems
By moodylicious

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had major problems with the brakes suddenly locking up while at hwy speeds while not being able to shift above 3rd gear. Took five dealer visits before problem was even diagonosed. Was very disturbed about how serious a problem could not be reproduced in the shop. Once nearly got steamrollered by a semi while trying to regain power. Problem finally stopped. Also, power window motors have had been replaced 4 times at $300+ a crack. Would I buy this car again? No.

The times the car isn't in the shop.

good evey day car
By Mondrakus Harper

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving the sunfire. I gives a sporty look and perform really good when your trying to pass. Its a good car for the price. no more than 12,000 for it thoug.

i like the front lights and the new air vents

The left tail lights tend to build up gunk and blows out the light

2003 PONTIAC SUNFIRE
By TOM NIEZNAY

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my sunfire because it is great on gas and for a 4 cylinder engine it has a lot of power. The sporty appearance is great and it has a roomy trunk. The sound system with cd player is awesome. The automatic transmission shifts really smoothly. Best thing about GM cars is the transmission.

My favorite features are the anti lock brakes, cruise control and the new traction system is great for cornering and wet roads. I would imagine it would be really great in the snow.

I had both of my power window motors die on the car only 6 months and 18 months of usage. Also a window washer motor went out after 1 year. Nothing else and at least nothing serious to report.

Love my Sunfire
By Emily

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Sunfire! I think that it is so much cooler looking than the Honda Civics that the rest of the college kids are driving around my home. The only complaint I have is that there is too much lumbar in the seats and they cannot be adjusted! When I have to take it from TN to MI my back is killing me by the time we get there. But, it still does the trip like a charm. I only have to fill it up twice for the 10 hour drive. I also wish that it was offered with a V6 engine.

The front end looks awesome. I love my XM radio and sunroof! I also really like having the window adjusters in the middle instead of on the doors!

I really wish they would change the seats to not have so much lumbar support. It kills my back when I have to ride in it for over 6 hours. My 2000 Sunfire was the same way. I also wish it came with a V6 engine.

Sunfire - Great car, fun to drive
By arf

I bought this 2003 Sunfire for my wife
to use for her daily commute to work -
80 miles a day round trip. With 40,000
miles in less than two years it has run
like a top the whole way. No mechanical
reapirs have been necessary. It is
driven 90% highway miles and gets from
31 to 33 miles to the gallon
consitantly.

2.2L Ecotech engine runs perfectly. Five speed manual transmission shifts easily. Fun to drive.