Used 2000 Pontiac Sunfire Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Sunfire

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:

Great Car!
By smartalex61

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

My grandmother gave me this car back in 2007 with only 47,000 miles on it, and with this being my first car I really didn't know what to think of it. After having it for 3 years it really grew on me, and it was fun to drive every day. I think the interior is a bit cheap feeling and the seats aren't that comfortable, but it looks great. Not to mention that the exterior styling is BEAUTIFUL. Also I've never had any problems with this car besides the normal maintenance (breaks, oil changes, etc.). Unfortunately it was recently totaled in an accident, however if they still made them I would buy another in a heartbeat!

For such a low end car I love that it had keyless entry, air conditioning, power windows/locks/mirrors, and a great stereo (that displayed the song being played). I also love the interior and exterior styling, plus it's been very low maintenance for me.

No much! Only that the left side of the stereo's screen burnt out so you can't read it well while it's sunny out. Plus for some reason the first 2 fan speeds don't work.

Convertible is great
By carlwag

2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Convertible

This is my second Sunfire convertible. My first was a 1995, and I upgraded to a 2000 when I bought this used in 2005. The convertible top is the best ever put on a convertible. Real glass rear window and one handle operation make this a snap to put up and down. Also, this is the only convertible on the market in the last twenty years that can carry five people! There are three sets of belts in the back seat. I absolutely love my AM/FM radio, cassette, and CD player. It puts out good sound, and the AM is far superior to my wife's Acura. I plan to keep this car until someone else makes a convertible that I like - and I don't see that happening soon.

The best convertible top ever.

Great car and sad thats its gone
By Kenzie

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

My sunfire was the first car I ever got and I drove the crap out of it. It ran great and in the seven years I had it I replaced the fuel pump and breaks. The other day I got hit by a gravel truck and even with the low safety rating this car had me and my dog walked away from the accident fine. I'm sad to see my sunfire go and it will be missed

I always thought it was kind of ugly but I loved the dark green ( not that ugly teal green that I always saw) and I could get by with $15 of gas a week even when prices were high.

Pretty Nice
By bcr_88

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

well i have this car for a few months now like half year and its been a pretty good car its very confortable and the interior i like it ...and has good fuel economy tooo

cup holders,fuel economy ,seats

well they should put more horsepower for sure the acceleration its poor

Love It
By Giggles

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

I love my car and I love everything about it. I have had it for over 8 years and have never had any mechanical problems at all. It is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had. Even though it is a small car it handles better than a lot of 4 wheel drive trucks. I don't think I can say enough good things about it. I love the look of it and the interior. I would recommend this car to everyone.