Used 2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

A wonderful car
By Rojo-GXP

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm proud to say that I have had my red GXP for almost 2 years and have had 29000 trouble free miles. I have the GMPP 290HP tune, a cold air intake, and Solo Performance catback exhaust and it makes for a VERY quick car (0-60 in 4.9sec) and it's a very sexy ride. Parked beside BMW, Porshe or Mercedes cars and it will ALWAYS generate more nice comments and turned- heads. Sad that 2010 ends the run of this little car. GM got it right at the end. Maybe someone else will continue the line. If you want a great- looking fun-to-drive car with the most bang for the buck, this is it.

Super good looks, great acceleration and good handling. Did I mention the looks???

Shifter could be a little more positive and 290HP should be standard.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!
By lovemysolstice

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new 08 Solstice(base) 5 weeks ago and am loving every minute of it. Most of the reviews list similar negatives which are true, but as for the storage issues, lack of a spare tire, fussy top operation, plasticky interior and ridiculous cupholders, etc..., I would not want any of these items improved if it compromised the beautiful looks or low price of the car. Performance in my base model, while nothing exciting, is adequate. I am 6' 215 lbs and the car is plenty comfortable, although I am wishing I had gotten power windows, due only to the fact that the window crank protrudes in to the area where my left leg rests and is a bit uncomfortable. Did I mention that I love this car?

LOOKS, LOOKS, LOOKS!!!!! This car gets attention everywhere I drive it and I could sit in my garage for hours just staring at it as a beautiful work of art. I really love this car!!!!!

The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the upholstery. This is a base model, so I cant complain too much, but after 900 miles the cloth seats are showing some beginning signs of wear. I am hoping it wont get worse. Did I mention I love this car anyway ????

Lovin' Every Minute of It!!!!!
By LimoBarbie

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car! 1 sexy machine with a huge "hey BABY" factor. I'm 50 and it makes me feel 16 again! Has every option available, wicked fast even with the auto tranny and I've shown a lot of STUNNED 'Stangs and BMWs tire smoke and tail lights (got the performance upgrade so it's hotter than the reg one) and I had to buy a radar detector because I'm a very bad girl!! Loved my Town Car but after driving TCs for a decade I wanted something HOT-smooth sexy curves and the adorable eager-to-run expression on it's little buck-toothed face makes me smile every time I see it. A real head-turner that folks swear must be an import and blazing speed to keep this old gal happy! I love him SO MUCH!!!!!!

Monsoon Stereo, leather seats, power windows and cruise control to keep the cops from snagging me for not paying attention--it will run all day at 90 as smooth as at 65! Its a great tanning bed substitute

Keep making them!! Cup holder improvements would be nice as would a spare tire--but that's what OnStar is for I guess. A built in Radar Detector would be super cool--as would some stealth radar absorbing material LOL and move the window switches to the door please!

Solstice GXP love affair.
By edgar robertson

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very well received at any local show and shines, and parades, that I have entered it in. I have never found that lowering the top is a problem. And, I routinely complete the task, in 15 seconds. Raising it is only slightly more time consuming, requiring 28-30 seconds. The power window switches could have been better placed. I would have preferred wind up windows, and side pockets. The cup holders, I really could care less. A bigger trunk, would be a great help for weekend touring. But with some creative packing, two can go on a weekend cruise. I also, do not require A/C in a roadster, and would have appreciated the weight savings, and possible extra horse power. Stereo 1st class!

Power, body style, handling, traction is great. This car has the factory sport suspension, and limited slip differential. It is turbo charged, and gets 32-36 mpg. I like the feel and support of the seats. The sport pedals. The dealership gave me an exceptional deal.Car well treated, full of gas.

Trunk space, reposition cup holders, side pockets if possible, in the doors. offer a luggage rack on the rear deck. reposition power window switches on drivers side. Fender extensions on wheel wells, to prevent rocks, debris from flying up. Better mirrors, improve visibility, especially with top up

Very Satisfied
By KyDave

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After selling a Honda S2000 over year ago I decided to jump back into the vert world. The Solstice really wasn't in the running until I got the $3000 dollar coupon from my GMCard. I paid just over 16.5k for a brand new '08 with the wheel package, Monsoon radio (a must), and a few other goodies. The car stickered at $26,062. An unbelievable deal and I'm pleasantly surprised with the ride, handling and even the performance of the 2.4 ltr. The fit and finish is great and the materials aren't as cheap as I had expected from a GM product. This may just be the best car deal I've ever made.

Monsoon radio--very nice Short throw shifter is less sluggish than I had expected Appearance with top down is awesome

Leather steering wheel should be standard Small storage area in console would be great for sunglasses etc