Used 2008 Pontiac Solstice Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice

View reviews for a specific Solstice model:

This is my favorite toy.
By ccaffrey

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ever since I first seen this car in a magazine, I thought that it was the most beautiful car that I had ever seen.
Having to always have some kind of muscle car, I didn't buy a Solstice until they put the turbo in it.
Then, I installed a K&N filter and finally, I had the GM turbo upgrade kit installed.
Now my 2008 GXP will scream.
Imagine 300 hp in a go cart.
I love everything about it except, no spare, not console, no trunk space and the location of the electric windows.
My Solstice is Blazen Oranage and I had tinted windows installed and that little touch really added to the beauty of this little screamer. Garage kept in winter.
My every day car is a Toyota 2012 full loaded FJ.

Everything about it. Especially the Turbo Upgrade kit.

Keep on making them. Move electric window swiches forward. Needs Console. More storage space. More lumbar support (I have serious lower back problems).

Great car with some small irritations
By G. Kline

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a base model for over 2 years now. I'm very happy with the performance, handling, and gas mileage. The car is beautiful and I've got some great and interesting compliments on it. It is great fun and I love it, but there are some bad points. As several others have said, the interior design is lacking. No storage space, bad cup holders, the temperature control is one of the worst I've seen (should have been more like my 2000 Firebird). I don't know why people complain about reliability. I have over 60,000 miles already (fun to drive, daily driver)and have had little to no problems. Too bad Pontiac folded, GM needs to keep producing these some how.

FUN, great performance and handling, great gas mileage, fabulous exterior styling.

Ventilation system, cup holders and inside storage. Battery placement needs some work as well.

2008 Pontiac Solstice
By Guitargal

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Honestly - I love this little car! I drove a 4-runner for 10 yrs - loved it! Traded for a 08 Cadillac CTS - felt like a grandma. didn't handle like I thought a $40+K car should. My little Solstice is perfect for downtown driving/parking. It handles well - I don't have a turbo - so have to wind the gears - but I'm cool w/that - and it doesn't seem to mind either. I scratch the tires - every time I get a chance! LOL

The way it looks! I love the wide tires. Also - I have the Monsoon speakers and it ROCKS! Good gas mileage. Good reliable car - never any problems.

Wish the 08 model had bluetooth - and the no spare tires is kind of weird. Also - we had a snow storm and discovered you have to screw in special tow hooks - there's nothing underneath to latch on to...

excellent
By Wanda

2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have never had any problems. Always get the oil changed and car maintained at the given times. Fun car and I am sorry the car won't be made now in the following years. Good buy with fun results.

The looks of the car is remarkable comparing to other sport cars. Drives excellent. Great colors too.

The car should have extra storage somewhere inside within hands reach.

Not Fun
By Gene G.

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this car for two years. Continually took it back to dealer for various leaks. Handled terribly compared to my Miata. Poorly and cheaply constructed. After two years I could see this car could not be relied on for the long haul. I sold it and bought a Honda Civic which is solid reliable, much better milage and handled more like a sports car than the Solstice. Good ridance. Stay away from.

None