Used 2005 Pontiac Montana Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Montana

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

2005 Montana SV6
By dlink

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new at dealer in Fall 2004. Bad electricals from the start (flickering head lights & dash lights) as well as annoying wind noise at 60 mph+. Dealer has no clue as to fixes. Electrical wiring short occurred at 3.5 years and 106,000 miles involving main electrical circuit. Dealer charges $2,500 to fix!! This has not been a good vehicle given the fact that the van is worth about $6,000. GM deserves what they get in the world of cars; they are losing market share for a reason. Others make better cares and treat their customers slightly better! I will never buy from this dealer or GM again!

NONE

Good Van Amazing
By G Unit

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This mini van has only one problem so far and thats the abs. It's a family van and is extremely stylish. I love it. I also own a Honda Sienna and sv6 kills it

I love my van but...
By GM emp

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the van for little over a year. Bought new. Been in to dealership 3 times for brake work. Still squeaking. Power sliding door alarm goes off for no reason when driving, have to pull over and reclose. Gas gauge not working properly. Also, no room for legs in 2nd row. Took seats out and its wonderful. Dealership nor I could find a plug in adapter. Not as comfortable as old Venture van. Guess it doesnt matter, GM is not making minivans any longer.

Headlights are really good compared to old van I had. OnStar is good.

Solid minivan
By Chris Bartels

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan AWD w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this SUV/minivan in June 2005. It is a great family road trip car with plenty of pick-up to pass on the highway. We are getting another vehicle as the use of space is not good for our family. With three kids, half the third row has to be up and this decreases storage. We get 18 MPG overall

Satellite radio, DVD, and sporty look

2nd bench seat. It's hard to get in the third row. The side trim is starting to rust after only 2 years!

bad bad bad
By burky

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well previous to this hunk of crap we had a 2001 Chevrolet venture, which was a wonderful van! This van is awful!!! it has been nothing but problems to me and my family including door panels coming off, fuel pump problems, tons of squeaks, strut problems, radio replaced twice, a lot of electrical problems, seats STAINING BADLY, and NO rear leg room!!! I HATE THIS VAN!!

INTEROR DASH LAYOUT

get rid of this crappy designed van, and bring back the 04 design, which was much better!!