Used 2000 Pontiac Montana Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Montana

View reviews for a specific Montana model:

Versatility and Good Looks
By edmundsfan

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought this van after owning a very sporty red Grand Prix. I'm one of "those" who thought I'd never own a minivan. The versatility is what still amazes me. We pop out the seats to take it trout fishing, biking, or to pick up a new appliance. We can take the whole family to dinner - 2 car seats and 4 grown ups. Elderly parents have no problem getting into the seats. My work for a nonprofit clothing closet is a breeze with hanging space for a full rack of clothes. The traction control feature keeps me on the road in Michigan winters. Fold the 3rd row seating and a large dog rides very comfortably. Sport suspension makes this van fun to drive. It is easy to maneuver into tight parking spots.

large cargo area, luxury interior, traction control, automatic sliding door, good looks.

Why in the world would GM cut production of the Montana?

Loved It
By kat83704

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Minivan

This was the best minivan I have ever owned. I never had any problems with it and it was very reliable transportation. I had two children that were in car seats when this van was purchased, so the dual sliding doors came in very handy.

Dual sliding doors, CD player, color, design.

The only improvement I would reccomend for this vehicle is the bucket seats in the back. They were not removeable and left little room for things like gorceries and bags for going on trips.

Wish I would've reviewed before buying lemon
By Sickofpayinmechanic

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought in May 05. June it left us stranded 6 hours from home on a Sunday! Back to dealership, couldn't diagnose till they drove it around for a week and got stranded themselves only to find a loose wiring harness in the fuel line. By December had a $700 tranny rebuilt, 3 sets of rotors, brakes every couple months, but only on one side? Front bearings. Oh yea then the gasket went for a price tag of $1000 (and still smells of antifreeze when warm). Rear door leaks through the interior light while raining! Cruise control just stopped working. Power windows are a joke! I know 5 different familys with these and I have the fewest probems with 152,000 miles and still shimmyin down the road!!

Not opting for the power doors! Oh, maybe the removable seat for using to haul all kinds of stuff, great for road trips can sleep in back with all the seats out. Money saved on hotel will go nicely towards repairs. Good for hauling loads of teens.

Everything, seriously, come on GM! Im going back to my Ford

happy owner
By HAPPY OWNER

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Minivan

I got this van two years ago because it was easy to get all my sport equipment into. I have had good luck with the van. It starts up every time on the first try. I have only had to fix a few small things. It handles well for a van. I like the larger engine it makes a big difference.

Large engine. Great Reliability. It is comfortable to drive. Good gas mileage for a van

Needs better interior setup. There are not enough handy cup holders but not a big deal. The windshield wipers can be a pain in winter they tend to break if they freeze under the hood. The back washer fluid do not work well and never has.

Happy Montana Owner
By water well owner

2000 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought this van nearly 8 years ago after driving most other domestic vans. This one by far the best! Have over 196,000 miles on it and still love it! Have been looking around at something to replace it, but can't find anything that is as roomy or has the big comfy seats. This has been such a great vehicle, we're spoiled and can't find anything that is worth replacing it with.

Big comfy seats, rear air, audio system for middle row, roominess, plenty of power, gas mileage is good for van, body style, auxiliary air pump in back storage area

Sliding door handle quit working both interior and exterior, transmission went out at 38,000 (luckily had extended warranty), rear windshield washer has never worked, the turn signal bulbs have gone out a few times- -but it has been a great vehicle overall