Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Gxp, Pontiac's best
By AL

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this car for a year now, the only repair we have had was a flat tire. They best car we have owned! For someone who is big, comfort is excellent. Power is enough too put down most cars. Why they axed Pontiac is a crime.

HUD, V8, auto ac/heat, heated seats, remote start, handing, and sunroof.

Power passenger seat, cooled seats

I'm done
By neveragain

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I love the interior and the sound of a V8 and that’s the extent of my love affair with this car. I have been towed to the dealership twice. Steering issues at the shop three times. Two additional home steering repairs. Serpentine belt tensioner rod broke… towed again! Multiple broken rims and blown tires… low profile and Michigan bad combo. Average MPG 21. Not great, since I drive 90 miles round trip to work daily, of which about 70 is hwy. I am actually paranoid when driving it now waiting for the next break down. I owe $11g on this beautiful heap and gotta get rid of it! Thanks Motor City!

Best Car Ever Made
By Janice

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2008 Grand Prix GXP is a blast to drive.this is my 4th Pontiac and are the more reliable cars on the road. Had a 98 Grand Am with over 250,000 on it when I sold it and it was still running a of 2 years ago (lost track of it). I love the power when you step on the accelerator you can feel the g's pulling you back in your seat.S for winter driving I had no problems in the 2009 winter here in the North Idaho. Put 4 studded tires on and went everywhere in 12" of snow and ice. The exterior could use a little more chrome here and there.

I like the remote start for winter the seat warmers are great to. Over all the car is nice looking in and out.If it's power your looking for it all there. Just hold on when you do step on it.

Rearview mirror dimmer, seat position memory, more bling, standard hood scoop, a little bit better fuel economy

gas guzzler
By jon

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife with 30000 miles on it. It has been in the shop several times. Issues with not starting, rack and pinion leak, and trans slipping with 34000 miles. I also found out it was a Hertz rental. So it definitely has been beat on. mileage is not good, city is 14.5 no highway trips yet but definitely a thirsty engine.

looks, power, and a Pontiac fan.

better build quality, horrible mileage, (always use premium) not too reliable

GREAT CAR
By Alan

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The best car I've owned in my 63 years of living. I'am 6'3" tall and have all the room I need. My 100lb German Shepard comes with me on errands and seats clean up easily. Again, great car!!!

Power, seats, HUD and handing.

Somebody buy Pontiac Divison.