Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )

2008 grand prix gxp
By DUANE

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2008 grand prix is the best car I ever owned, absolutely love driving it. To bad Pontiac is gone, maybe it will return one day. Love the looks and power of this car. The designer should be proud. "American power and muscle, with great looks"

the dash surrounds you,nice leather interior, hud, body style, just everything, I love it.

dish rear wheels the same as front, maybe a little more clear coat on paint. more chrome on exh tips. it seems to be wearing off.

Honest Review of the Grand Prix GXP
By pontiac owner jim

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a young professional and I need a car to take clients out. I test drove a gently used maxima, a tsx,and an IS 250. Liked them all. I test drove the GP GXP and was pleasantly surprised. The V8 power,options,and handling of this car far outperformed the others above. And it was ~ $8,000 less. The car is not perfect. Fuel economy is not good and there are some cheap materials on the interior. There is torque steer due to front wheel drive but its not intolerable. But the performance and options you get for the value far outweighs the negatives.

A blast to drive. Engine sounds awesome. Great suspension. Great stereo system.

Poor fuel economy. Some cheap materials on the interior particularly in the dash. Moderate torque steer.

Gxp, Pontiac's best
By AL

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had this car for a year now, the only repair we have had was a flat tire. They best car we have owned! For someone who is big, comfort is excellent. Power is enough too put down most cars. Why they axed Pontiac is a crime.

HUD, V8, auto ac/heat, heated seats, remote start, handing, and sunroof.

Power passenger seat, cooled seats

I'm done
By neveragain

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I love the interior and the sound of a V8 and that’s the extent of my love affair with this car. I have been towed to the dealership twice. Steering issues at the shop three times. Two additional home steering repairs. Serpentine belt tensioner rod broke… towed again! Multiple broken rims and blown tires… low profile and Michigan bad combo. Average MPG 21. Not great, since I drive 90 miles round trip to work daily, of which about 70 is hwy. I am actually paranoid when driving it now waiting for the next break down. I owe $11g on this beautiful heap and gotta get rid of it! Thanks Motor City!

Best Car Ever Made
By Janice

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2008 Grand Prix GXP is a blast to drive.this is my 4th Pontiac and are the more reliable cars on the road. Had a 98 Grand Am with over 250,000 on it when I sold it and it was still running a of 2 years ago (lost track of it). I love the power when you step on the accelerator you can feel the g's pulling you back in your seat.S for winter driving I had no problems in the 2009 winter here in the North Idaho. Put 4 studded tires on and went everywhere in 12" of snow and ice. The exterior could use a little more chrome here and there.

I like the remote start for winter the seat warmers are great to. Over all the car is nice looking in and out.If it's power your looking for it all there. Just hold on when you do step on it.

Rearview mirror dimmer, seat position memory, more bling, standard hood scoop, a little bit better fuel economy