Used 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

GXP 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

$$$
By hunter0562

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fun car but everytime I turn around I'm putting money into it. Can't keep tires on it and I've tried different brands. Brakes - reguar maintenance but much more expensive than a regular car. Transmission 1 went out at 84,000. Transmission 2 went out at 120,000 - and I feel the dealer didn't install Transmission 2 correctly (the shift stick was never right) and the dealer didn't do anything for me. Transmission 3 has been great (now at 156,000). Now just had a wheel crack - GM sells them for $700!I found one for $450.

Great fun to drive but be aware of high performance car costs.

Love This Car!
By amiejungej

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning two previous Grand Prix's, a 97 then a 2001, (we loved them both) we decided a newer one was in order. I have only had my GXP for a couple of months, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We took her on a road trip from Nebraska to California, and we were very impressed with the mileage that we got, even over mountains! I really like how everything is within easy reach of the driver, even if she is short. I love this car! Pontiac should have never quit making driving excitement.

Hud, computer, heated seats, variable cylinders, auto to tap manual shift, just about everything!

Pontiac should make cars! And ya, some wood grain in the interior would have given it more class. (not that I'm complaining!)

Great car all around
By Anthony

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving this car for couple years now and I would never trade it in.

Great mpg and very fast! Comfortable to drive and handles excellent. I have almost 100k on the car and it runs like brand new still. Highly recommend the car. Great for a family or a grandpa. I never thought I would like this car so much!

Kinda bad that you can't rotate the tires because they are different sizes. I really don't have any complaints at all. Well-built car.

What A Difference Tires Make!
By richgimmel

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced the factory tires this week with Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions and guess what... NO TORQUE STEER! This car is now amazingly fun to drive, and with a lot less road noise.

5.3 V-8, handling, nimbleness.

Replace the factory original tires to minimize road noise and virtually eliminate torque steer.

Great car and fun to drive
By andrewsf27

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have currently 32,000 miles on this car and it has absolutely been the best car that I have ever owned & I have had 12. I have only had a few issues which I have been able to get resolved with the dealer. I tinted the windows and with the dary grey color this car looks sharp.

Heads up display, throaty horsepower, roomy in front and rear(even with a 5 year old), comfortable on long rides, XM radio & Monsoon sound system.

The brakes& rotors had to have work done on them much quicker than I think should need attention. The tires on the car(Bridgestone Potenza's) wore out pretty fast & 18 inch tires are NOT cheap. Brakes threw a LOT of dust and I was constantly cleaning them. Once I got new brakes, have not had issues