Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Extreme oil consumption
By Diane

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was so excited when I purchased this car. It was everything I wanted and still do. However, around 54,000 miles in (I purchased it when it only had 100 miles) I took my car in for a oil change. No problem, then less than a 1000 miles my check oil light came on. I took it back to the shop that changed my oil and was told that there was NO oil in there. I am now at 73,000 and continue to have problems and Pontiac has been "working on it" for this entire time. Going in for service every other month is time consuming. I drive less than 15 miles to work per day and am using a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Hoping for a solution because I sure love the care otherwise.

Low profile tires are nice. But remember they are sensitive to wear and tear. I have went through two sets of front tires. They are not cheap, $600 a set is not fun to pay out.

The 3.8 engine is awesome, however, it does not appear that my car had a winner installed. Maybe this is why they choose to stop making this line. Just food for thought. Here I get my dream car and ended up with a nightmare.

Vroom vroom
By Stacey

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought an '06 Grand Prix GXP and this car is not only gorgeous to look at, but it's a blast to drive. I've had quick vehicles in the past, but the acceleration and power or this car is amazing. I bought a red one with 35,000 miles so it's just broken in. I love to small details that make it unique, the red brakes, the mini fog lights, the Monsoon sound system, and the remote start. What a great car!

Power & acceleration; sportiness, moon roof, Monsoon sound system, suede inserts in the seats.

Have to use 91 octane gasoline on the GXP, gets very expensive!

Love my Grand Prix
By Ken

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is actualy my third Grand Prix and as you can tell, I love the car. Pontiac has always done a great job with these cars in my opinion. The car in fun to drive with plenty of power on California freeways. The styling is great and I love the way the seats wrap around you and hold you in. Not to mention the gauge layout is fantastic! I can't say enough about this car. Too bad GM screwed up and closed Pontiac down. BIG MISTAKE!

Dash layout, front seats and body styling.

Better gas mileage, more room in the back seat. But it's a moot point since Pontiac is now gone.

4th Pontiac Grand Prix
By Dena

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Grand Prix that I have had. I love these cars & hate the fact that GMC has stopped making them. I recently rented a 2010 Lacrosse for a road trip, & missed my car a lot. Grand Prix's are reliable from my experience, & will take the best care possible of this one. Drives like a dream, comfortable, enjoy everything about it. I just put new rims on it and have had several compliments already. I am very protective over this car, & know that I will get years of enjoyment with it. Nothing negative to say, I have been Blessed.

The controls in the steering column, the liability that only comes with having a Grand Prix, & the wide wheel traction for better road handling.

Set covering, mine are black and shows dirt very easily. Also would like to have seen a truck opening through the back setting area (had that before, where you pull down the arm rest and there was a little door that lead into the truck).

Love my car!
By Zaida

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Pontiac I have owned. I love this car! It drives great, I haven't had any problems, except that the gas mileage isn't all that great. If it were possible, I would def get another. The car is not only comfortable but has a great sound system for being stock and looks nice!

sound system & great sporty look

More legroom in backseat