Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Love my Grand Prix
By Ken

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is actualy my third Grand Prix and as you can tell, I love the car. Pontiac has always done a great job with these cars in my opinion. The car in fun to drive with plenty of power on California freeways. The styling is great and I love the way the seats wrap around you and hold you in. Not to mention the gauge layout is fantastic! I can't say enough about this car. Too bad GM screwed up and closed Pontiac down. BIG MISTAKE!

Dash layout, front seats and body styling.

Better gas mileage, more room in the back seat. But it's a moot point since Pontiac is now gone.

Love my car!
By Zaida

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Pontiac I have owned. I love this car! It drives great, I haven't had any problems, except that the gas mileage isn't all that great. If it were possible, I would def get another. The car is not only comfortable but has a great sound system for being stock and looks nice!

sound system & great sporty look

More legroom in backseat

Going to a minivan :(
By Jenn

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought this car for me right before we got married. It has been a very reliable car, but the traction control system has been a bit of a problem in the snow. Most cars come with a button to turn it off, but not mine. So I have been stuck in an inch of snow. No fun! It is comfortable and fun in the summer. I would like to keep it but due to a growing family I am not able to.

Remote start, power seats

Traction control system

It's damn fun!
By GBNL

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

First car ever and its a damn blast to drive. The 3.8 is very quick and fast, i got the base model and I'm impressed with its power, comfort, and again its power, my friends agree and enjoy it especially on trips,its the preferred one of all our cars. the exterior is beautiful, nothing more nothing less.

the front and hood, and the 3.8

get rid of the little spoiler or change it. quite pointless since Pontiac is gone, damn GM bunch of fools.

A Smooth Cruiser
By Sui

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I know a floaty car that has decent power when I drive one. The Grand Prix is not the largest sedan I have driven nor does it have the most powerful engine, but this car basically drives and feels like a real 4-door sedan - comfy and very easy to drive, good acceleration, and it passes Sunday drivers with authority. Idle is barely noticeable; the road and wind noise is also low. Steering has some play in it, which I prefer because one doesn't have to grip the wheel so hard to keep it in a straight line. Brakes are mushy, but work very well. Interior and body are "dated" but I love the symmetrical look (especially the hood). Dashboard offers many features and functions.

The DIC with the upgraded trip computer displays a lot of useful information. Dashboard consoles angled towards the driver seat. Well deployed dome lighting. HUGE speedometer. Good fuel economy for a V6. Front seats very comfy and roomy. Good all around visibility for driver. Smooth and easy ride.

A bit pointless considering Pontiac is going bye-bye and the Grand Prix went out of production in 2008. But there s few things that could stand improvement: Rear seats need more legroom. The rod with the cruise control and light controls needs to be illuminated. Radio display could use a facelift.