Used 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

2 year Evaluation
By 06gp

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Grand Prix back in 2009 and it has served me well. the 3.8L is very reliable, powerfull, and sounds amazing once the hammer is dropped. The ride is very comfortable, no complaints there. The exterior is gorgeus, sexy if I may say. Interior material quality: The cheap plastics, thanks GM, is ok but very difficult to shine up and keep good. In the future I will customize the interior with Blk leather and dark wood trim so that will be my solution. Fuel economy is great highway wise (28mpg), the city is satisfactory if you don't speed and suddenly accelerate. Repairs: Just a alternator and a upcoming brake job. 18+car= havoc. Overall I am very impressed with my Pontiac and love it.

The 3.8L V6. Easily available aftermarket parts, exterior/ performance.

Yeah, bring PONTIAC back GM! Im a loyal fan, and will not buy any other GM product unless it has a arrowhead.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By ferd8791

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this car in May of 2010 with 26,646 miles on it.
A major improvement over the 1999 GP I used to drive.
Supercharged 3800 Series III V6 strong in all situations, timed 6.4 seconds 0-60, has V8-like punch at highway speeds.
Light steering at low speeds, firms up nicely at higher speeds.
Fuel economy impressive considering available power. Suspension Euro-style firm, but good bump absorption and no harshness.

Interior markedly better than my '99 GP, soft touch materials and extremely comfortable front buckets.
Highway ride serene, minimal tire noise and wind rush, engine growls when revved, almost silent at cruise.
Fold down rear and front passenger seats convenient.

Acceleration, handling, fuel economy, ride, interior quality, front seat comfort, cargo versatility, exterior styling, headlights, heated seats, dual automatic climate control, Monsoon audio system.

Power recline on drivers seat, more rear legroom.

My first car...
By tinakilznuts

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bough my 2006 grand prix in 2009..it was clean title, excellent condition I got a carfax report & it showed it belonged to a rental & leasing company then later repoed by an owner I am the fourth owner but it had 101849 miles even though people say its bad to buy a car with high mileage I still did it & its going on two years 134,000 miles later & I do not regret it at all I get its regular oil changes & i haven't needed to make no major repairs.

everything

power steering

Dependable, Fun, & Handy !
By hockey_jen10

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 GP is 4 years old now, though I've only owned it for a year. It's been a great car. I've had absolutely no mechanical or body issues, and it's been very dependable. The interior is typically-sporty as only Pontiac can do, but the ride is also very comfy for a sporty car. The body color is a blueish/green that changes to purple, and it gets attention. The most impressive thing is the back seats folding down, giving me plenty of room to haul. I actually packed (12) 8-foot long shelf pieces, plus closet poles and (8) furring strips into one trip. I guess I don't need a pickup truck after all. Overall, very happy.

Reclining rear seats, roomy trunk (even when back seats are left up), smooth ride, body style & color, sound system, emergency brake on the floor (instead of next to console).

Not sure why GM decided to move the wiper control to the right side of the steering wheel - I'm used to it being on the left, so it took a while to get used to. Brakes squeak only during the first stop when the weather is damp - by the time I get to the next stop, it's quiet.

Pontiac Built Excitement
By Steve

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our GP for approx 3 years and love the car. Its our 2nd one with the bulletproof 3.8 liter engine. Plenty of power, it effortlessly gets up to hwy speeds. It has the crystal blue paint which changes to teal in the sun and can appear purple at time in dimmer light. Reliability has not been an issue with this car and I'd definitely get another if they still made them. GM got this one right and reliability seems to be hard to find these days. I'd also consider the Aussie built G8 as they've been around along time Down Under.

Jet-like dash with the red lighting and jet-like acceleration. Great paint color. Stereo that automatically increases in volume to compensate for hwy speeds. Reliability.

Get rid of Saturn and Bring Back Pontiac.