Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Car that wont stop

fugary, 08/04/2013

I have a 2005 gp that now has 361000 miles that has given me many years of use. If you take care of the 3800 V6 you will get your money back in return.

Fun Car

Amanda Laffoon, 06/27/2005

This is the thrid Grand Prix I have owned and I love it as with the rest of them. They are very dependable, comfortable, and sporty. The handling is wonderful and it drives better than any other car in its class.

Rocky Start for a 19yo second car.

Jon, 08/18/2009

I bought this car in December from GM with $64,000kms and it did well for the first 1500kms (so I thought). The car was sitting on the dealers lot for months and as a result the calipers seized and wore out my pads and rotors. I ended up having to replace front and rear calipers, rotors and pads in the first 2 months I had the car. Once that was done I haven't had any more trouble with the car. It is a awesome car to drive, Lots of power, Handles excellent, and the it turns many heads. I LOVE the interior of the car, It's not boring like the impala or century, The car as of aug has 96,000 kms and I am taking a road trip with friends of around 10,000kms and I have no fear of it failing.

Safe, Fast, Dependable

deanfoxes, 11/09/2014

This car was my first car, and I drove it with pride until the day that it saved the life of myself and two other passengers. Rounding a sharp corner at night, I found myself approaching a fallen tree across the road. I swerved to avoid the tree and ended up on the embankment hitting another tree at about 45 MPH. Airbags deployed, but nobody was hurt. The car was extremely safe, and was an absolute blast to drive, with amazing handling and performance for a sedan. I am definitely looking into buying another Grand Prix, perhaps this time with a supercharger!

Lots of fun

vlee, 10/13/2010

I purchased my GTP this month from my company. It has been my company car for four years and I've now put 117,000 on the clock and still a sweet ride without any major issues.

Blue Green Crystal LOVED by ALL!!

Celeste, 05/30/2005

We love this car, great on trips, lots of leg room for 6'3" man driving. Back seat has room for 6' son if seated behind front seat pulled forward one notch. BLUE GREEN CRYSTAL IS FABULOUS COLOR!!! EVERY ONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT LOVING THE COLOR!!!! It looks blue in some light, green in others and purple under parking lot lights at night!!! It even looks blue and green at the same time, on different planes of the cars surface!! Handles great, no matter the weather, or driving conditions, love the onstar feature, husband used it when he got lost, (WOW) Monsoon sound system to die for, XM clear as a bell

good car

Happy Owner, 08/03/2006

This has been a great car. When I look at comparable vehicles I feel I kept $10,000 in my pocket and have a safe, fun, powerful American car. Buy American had better become a way of life in this country or it will no longer be our country!

pros and cons

jjp, 07/22/2004

great handling good gas mileage sport car feeling, good response comfortable seating, front and back if you are not over 6'2. three pontiac grand prixs owned in the family. a great coaster that saves gas.

Lots of looks

Larry Carson, 02/13/2006

I bought my GXP in Octber of 2005. I love this car. I get a lot of looks and finger pointing. My wife said it makes me look and act younger. Very fun car to drive.

2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

B4crask, 09/16/2004

This is an awesome car with excellent handling. It looks good both inside and out. The supercharged engine has the power to get you around anything on the road. Good old American Muscle! Glad I didn't get the Maxima...... I paid $1500 under MSRP and then got a $2000 rebate on top of that. Don't pay MSRP. You don't have to. Try getting Honda or Toyota to do that for you when buying one of thier boring little cars.

12345...17