Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

GP GT
By FC

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

Comfortable seats, moonroof, Monsoon stereo is AWESOME and almost the car's single biggest asset!

More power please and more headroom.

Last of a great car
By grand prix no more?

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am on my third gran prix and wish they would keep making them. This is a good car is you drive 20k miles a year. You can drive it for 8 years, get 160k and move on. You can not beat it for the price. Everyone raves about the foreign cars in this class but those cars cost $8k more and those owners put money into the car. I will miss this one when it is done.

Solid
By Kurls1800

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP has given me 5 years of great service . I did have a front rotor warpage issue early on and just decided to replace them. Otherwise, just change the oil and other common maintenance. Sad to see Pontiac end its production of Grad Prix's. Love the Pontiac red dash lights.

3.8 engine is powerful and I get 26 mpg driving to work, and not all highway.

Brakes are powerful but I would expect no warp problem as I incurred.

'05 GT
By Griffin

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After trying out several Fords, Dodges, Chryslers, and Chevrolets, my wife and I kept coming back to the Grand Prix. It has the perfect blend of sportiness that she was looking for, and the roomy practicality that I wanted. Fully loaded with black leather, moonroof, CD changer, and Monsoon stereo (which is the best factory stereo I've ever heard), you can't ask for much more in a family sedan. Interior ergonomics are unmatched by anything I've ever owned and the heated bucket seats make long drives a pleasure. No problems to report.

Superior interior ergonomics, love the exhaust rumble

Adequate performance by the old 3800, but could use a little more punch and better MPG. Different steering wheel...this one looks and feels like it was made by Fisher-Price

Rocky Start for a 19yo second car.
By Jon

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December from GM with $64,000kms and it did well for the first 1500kms (so I thought). The car was sitting on the dealers lot for months and as a result the calipers seized and wore out my pads and rotors. I ended up having to replace front and rear calipers, rotors and pads in the first 2 months I had the car. Once that was done I haven't had any more trouble with the car. It is a awesome car to drive, Lots of power, Handles excellent, and the it turns many heads. I LOVE the interior of the car, It's not boring like the impala or century, The car as of aug has 96,000 kms and I am taking a road trip with friends of around 10,000kms and I have no fear of it failing.

Fuel Efficiency (950 kms per tank HWY) (500 city). Power, Handling, Interior design, Exterior design, 3.8 Engine is amazing. Many More.......

Brake design may need some work, the interior of the dash can be noisy, gear shift should be on the steering column instead of in the center console.