Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

This car is crap
By Dr Ratched

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Gee. What DOESN'T work on this car. Paint was peeling off after 2 years and now it has leprosy. Water pump needed replacing after 2 years. It's burning oil like a drunk BP CEO. The cheap plastic on the inside is worn off everywhere you put your hands. The leather seats are fading and tearing. Oh. And the stupid key fob won't work. Avoid this car. Avoid Pontiacs. Avoid GM.

It has lots of sensors for things like low oil level and tire pressure. That's good. You'll need the warnings.

Go elsewhere.

GP GT
By FC

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. Certified GM used with warranty. It offers a good drive, with excellent comfort for the leather bucket seats. Driver ergonomics are unmatched. However, with the 200 hp 3800, it feels big and lumbering. I love the rumble from the dual exhaust, but its an overall underwhelming experience. I'd definitely recommend finding a GTP for more power. It has great looks and we love the silver exterior with the black leather and moonroof. Heater fan detonated recently, a costly repair without the bumper to bumper warranty. Other than that, not a single problem!

Comfortable seats, moonroof, Monsoon stereo is AWESOME and almost the car's single biggest asset!

More power please and more headroom.

Last of a great car
By grand prix no more?

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am on my third gran prix and wish they would keep making them. This is a good car is you drive 20k miles a year. You can drive it for 8 years, get 160k and move on. You can not beat it for the price. Everyone raves about the foreign cars in this class but those cars cost $8k more and those owners put money into the car. I will miss this one when it is done.

Solid
By Kurls1800

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My GP has given me 5 years of great service . I did have a front rotor warpage issue early on and just decided to replace them. Otherwise, just change the oil and other common maintenance. Sad to see Pontiac end its production of Grad Prix's. Love the Pontiac red dash lights.

3.8 engine is powerful and I get 26 mpg driving to work, and not all highway.

Brakes are powerful but I would expect no warp problem as I incurred.

favorite car in 26 years of driving
By Scott

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, i have had a lot of cars! 3 brand new ones and 25 used. This is my first Pontiac but I have had many GM's. The first time i drove it i new i was going to buy it. Sounded good, seats and interior are like a cockpit of a jet plane. The only negative is its really hard to accelerate without the front tires breaking loose. This is my favorite vehicle of all time. I would highly recommend this car to anyone that likes a sporty sedan with a great motor, great looks, great comfort, and a great exhaust sound.

I love the remote start.Heads-up display.V8 motor.

It has the monsoon stereo and it below par. could have a sportier hood maybe a couple of small matching hood scoops.