Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Very Good Quality Car
By ballbreaker910

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car to replace a car that was on its last leg. After reading reviews from a website like this I decided to purchase one. It was a well made decision. This car is very reliable. I lived 2 miles from work and found out the hard way how bad the car was on gas, especially with local driving. However on the highway I was able to get about 25 mpg. Things I noticed before trading it in was it began to burn oil. The indicator advised me of low oil well before the 3000 mile recommended oil change and I used synthetic blend. Overall. It was a great car.

LOVED the remote starter and the onstar feature as well as the 200hp motor (base). Stereo system was nice and loud.

Fuel economy. But no need to complain when Pontiac is no longer in production. However the G8 was bought back as the Chevy SS. Im sure fuel economy was rectified

Fairly Good Car overall
By njoosse

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice big car, lots of room, loads of power from the 3.8 v6. Love the exhaust growl.
I always compare this car to my 04 Honda Accord 4cyl.
This car has way more power and gets the same fuel mileage.
On the other hand it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish are not nearly as good.
I love
the interior, especially at night.
Reliability is ok. Burns a bit of oil.
At 100000miles, its starting to squeak and rattle, which my Honda is not.
Overall a pretty good car.

Power and performance

Fit and finish, reliability

My favorite car.
By semperfigirl

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got a 2006 Grand Prix as my very first car, it was used.From the moment I started to drive the car I loved it. I never had any problems with it, as I did keep up with care on it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with it, it was always a great car, specially the night it saved my life, and 3 other peoples. That night the tires slid on ice. We slid straight into a guard rail on the drivers side in the middle between the doors. Then flipped over the guard rail and flipped twice. The car took the impact like a champ, and saved our lives all 4 of us walked away. The car did it's job & protected me and my passengers. This car was nothing but great.

I was on the rode alot. I basically lived my my car I was driving so much(marine I had to visit <3) So the gas mileage was defiantly a plus. It was good for going long distances, like a 13 hour drive. It was also comfortable to sit in for awhile too. And the airbags, and build of the car.

The only thing I could think to improve would have been the lights, My turn signal lights seemed to go out often,.

Lots of fun
By vlee

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased my GTP this month from my company. It has been my company car for four years and I've now put 117,000 on the clock and still a sweet ride without any major issues.

Supercharger!

More headroom and I really wish I had the HUD. I have it on my 2004 Corvette and it's sweet.

This car is crap
By Dr Ratched

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Gee. What DOESN'T work on this car. Paint was peeling off after 2 years and now it has leprosy. Water pump needed replacing after 2 years. It's burning oil like a drunk BP CEO. The cheap plastic on the inside is worn off everywhere you put your hands. The leather seats are fading and tearing. Oh. And the stupid key fob won't work. Avoid this car. Avoid Pontiacs. Avoid GM.

It has lots of sensors for things like low oil level and tire pressure. That's good. You'll need the warnings.

Go elsewhere.