Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Great Value

the_squizz, 12/05/2013

I just want to start by saying I love this car. I bought this car with 94K miles for under $5K. I am very handy with a wrench ( I actually used to be a mechanic ), but this car is absolutely horrid to work on in the driveway. It is simply not made to be serviced outside of a professional shop environment. A great car, just be prepared to spend all day for seemingly simple repair jobs OR actually break down and drop it off at a shop for repairs. Other than that, the car is great. I have spent ~$1500 in a year and a half for repairs thus far. Remember, even tho the L67 is bulletproof, the outside accessories and sensors have a shelf life and will fail eventually. This goes for all cars.

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

James Mouton, 08/23/2004

The 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix is a fun car to drive. It has great accelation for a automatic transmission sports sedan. The steering preformance is also very good.

Great Car

shane255, 07/18/2004

This car features the 3800 motor which has always been the best ever made. It should be good for a couple hundred thousand miles just like my second car I still drive.The only complaint is the front seats could be padded a little more to increase comfort,otherwise it is one fast machine..,...

Awesome Car!

pontiacdude, 08/29/2002

Own a 1998 GTP that has given me 70000 miles of trouble free driving. Great power, great handling, good ride. Lived in Germany and the car easily kept up with any European car on the autobahn except I was limited to about 130mph (pegged the speedometer) It's been the best car I've owned because of the power. Owned 2 other trouble FREE AMERICAN cars before this one also.

So far so Good

Ray Schiller, 10/03/2010

I just bought this car for $5k from an individual, and so far, I love it. It runs smooth and powerful even with the 3.1. Handling is very responsive (kind of like the Camaro LT I use to have). Ride is firm and sporty. At 68K mi. it has a few minor imperfections, but hey, Ive been driving a 92 Chevy pickup with a stick for 12.5 years so this car feels like a Vette. I was glad to find out that the engine has a timing chain, no belt. Lots of fun to drive with dead straight tracking. I find myself taking the long way home. The stereo sounds great & the seats are comfortable. Overall, it's a really nice ride for not a lot of money. If you want a great car for $5 to $6k check one out.

Great Car

RodL, 06/17/2004

Excellent Car! Replaced my 1999 Grand Am GT with this car. Very dependable. I receive many great comments on the look of the car. Many passengers are suprised by the great interior room.

This car has changed my views of GM

partsman99, 04/24/2012

I bought this car with 71K miles on it in 2009. The clock currently shows 137K, and I am fairly impressed with it. Starts every time I put the key in, no matter how hot or cold it is. The good: plenty of power with the standard 3.8, decent sound system, good fuel economy with the size of the car, the overall look of the car is pleasing to the eye. The bad: needed intake manifold and gaskets right at 100K, a solenoid in the trans is going bad, low roof line so my head is almost rubbing the ceiling (I'm 6'1"), very picky about which alternator is in it. My overall opinion is this is a good car, and that takes a lot for me to say being a die-hard Mopar fan. It's old, and people still like it.

Good First Car

am_can_drift, 04/21/2015
GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car. By the time I got it, it had 185k miles on it. The struts were already bad, and it ran great. This car was a classic new-age Pontiac in that the electronics inside broke, but it held together under the hood. (the gas flotation device broke, inside dashboard lights went out partway). I had very few problems under the hood with this car. It ran in all conditions, and it carried the workload. Eventually, the head gasket blew and the trans started to go bad at 215k miles. Between service records and me, these were the first problems under the hood. It is a great first car in that it can take quite a beating. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a first car.

Would buy one again

MAJ, 10/19/2003

I haven't seen any other car out I would like better than my Grand Prix. Very Responsive Engine- fun to drive. I plan to keep this car for a long long time. I feel it is built to last also which was important to me since I don't chance cars often

Good ole American car

middleage, 01/28/2010

I originally bought a 99 gtp that went 154000 miles before a deer got it. Couldn't bare to pay close to 20k for an new econobox, so bought the last of this generation in 2007 for half that. It is a comfortable muscle car. Acceleration and long distance cruising are its forte. Handling is okay but sloppy when really pushed. The transmission does this clunk at times when starting from a stop?? The "leather" is more like vinyl and the rear seats are not adult comfortable over the long haul. The hvac setting doesn't work in the first 2 positions. The brakes fade under repeated hard use. A 5 speed [m]transmission would have made this car much quicker. 15 mpg city 26 mpg hwy. Feels solid but fat.

12345...7