Used 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Excellent Car!
By Danny

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

As soon as I drove away, I was blown away! For the small of the two engines, the 3100S definitely provides impressive power and response. Quick off a stop and maintains speed effortlessly. 4 speed is definitely the way to go with this car, which shifts quite smoothly I might add. Phenomenal highway car as well, especially when it makes 30+ mpg! Not bad around the city either, I average between 22-25 mpg. The engine sounds great when the car is winding out too, without losing gas needlessly. All in all it is a supremely well balanced car in terms of performance, style, efficiency, and overall intrigue of the vehicle. I got mine used with low miles & never been happier behind the wheel.

The standard that Pontiac offers for power and control is amazing. Great engine set up that is complimented by independent suspension and overall excellent control of the vehicle, I thought I bought a race car after day 1!

Dashboard and center console are a little flimsy, and the interior as a whole could use quality improvement, but if you buy a car for the driving experience you should have NO complaints with this one.

One of Best cars I have owned
By Jim P

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Prix GT I purchased off- lease in June, 2006, had 33000 miles at purchase. It now has 55000 trouble- free miles. I have replaced only the battery and a heater fan switch. The styling is still one of the best even after five years! Fuel economy is 17 mpg in stop-and-go city and 30 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. I still feel great about this car and, every time I think about something newer, I change my mind and stay with this car. Too bad GM is dropping this model after 2008.

Polished wheels, great sounding dual exhaust, up-to-date styling, heads up display.

None needed, except GM should not have dropped the Grand Prix. I hope they don't regret this decision.

Great Bang for the Buck
By Brent

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive and still turns heads four years later. Excellent power and handling for such a large car. Exceptionally reliable. In 70,000 miles, have only changed front brakes and a set of tires (oh - forgot about the water pump). Still gets 30 mpg on the road with a driver, three adult passengers and luggage.

Well built, reliable drive train. Classic body design

Back seat area is not very comfortable for adults. My Camry has much more back seat room. Front seats could use an upgrade and better lumbar support. Marginal cup holders. Drags bottom easily, but wouldn't want to reduce handling or good looks by raising the car.

Nice Ride
By n0va

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Drives really nice. Gas mileage isn't bad for a 3800 v6. Very nice inside, good trunk space. A good buy if you can get a good deal on it.

Radio controls in the steering wheel

CD player that doesn't skip every little bump in the road

Nothing NOT to Like About This Great Car
By PontiacLuvr

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We did a LOT of shopping around before we purchased this preowned Pontiac. This is everything we hoped to find in a preowned Pontiac...and more! It handles beautifully, esp. on ice/snow. Comfort is superb. The same day we bought it we went through a fast-food drive-thru & the lady working at the window was craning her head out to see what kind of car it was. She said "Oh I'm sorry; I'm just trying to see what kind of car this is." We told her & she said "WOW! This is NICE!" This car has been well-maintained & we see no reason that w/proper care/maintenance that it couldn't easily go to 200K. VERY happy customers here & would purchase another one in the future, no doubt about it.

3800 V6 motor; sleek design; heated driver's seat; trip gauge on dash; moon roof; hard to narrow it down, we could be listing every feature this awesome car has on it!

Heated passenger seats; also, would've preferred cloth seats but the rest of the vehicle had so many great options (ALMOST fully loaded) & had been so well maintained that we figured we could live w/out cloth seats.