Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

A Great Car For The Young People
By Young Gun

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car this past February with it having just 70,000 miles on it, did wanted a G6 GT Sedan(Plans fell through) but found this car for a steal, I was worried at first because I was giving up room because it was a mid-size car(car before this one was a 1993 Bonneville SE), but it was still pretty roomy, seats 5, 4 comfortably, and even dough the car is 8 and the design is 13 years old(1997), I still prefer it over the 2004-2008 model, gets good gas mileage for a big 3.8 V6, great for the highway and town, nice interior, just an overall nice ride, the only maintenance I have done so far is new brakes, oil change, support lifts for trunk, and cleaner for catalytic converter.

My car has the Trip Computer(Digital DIC) and On-star, the computer tells your MPG, range you have left on your tank of gas, fuel used, and how much life your oil has left, and I would like the On-star feature too if they didn't discontinued it for this car and other early model vehicles with it.

The front seats with cloth interior could have been more comfortable, and an better catalytic converter(lots of problems with them clogging up and failing with this particular car and engine).

WORST CAR!!!
By unhappy

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 2009. It only had 63000 miles on it. I thought it would be good for a 2002 model vehicle. The interior has cheap plastic. I only got to put 8000 miles on it when there were too many problems to list in order to fix this chunk of metal GM called a car. It did run fairly well. But I was unsure how reliable it would have been on longer trips other than around town. I will NEVER buy another pontiac vehicle.

The K and N air filter I purchased and put in the vehicle.

Trade it for something else.

Great Experience
By Happy Owner

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my car new. It has 147K and I have maintained the oil and usual check up points. The major repair to gasket to oil and then coolant gasket - but only at approx 90K. The rest were all maintain, brakes. Once paid off annual repair bills are around $500. My husband drives a 2001 BMW with 80K - repairs and up keep to his car cost us $7400 last year. Plus he had to replace his AC at 50K for $1500. I have not put anything near that into my GMC. I will keep this car until it doesn't go or significant repair cost hits me.

Rides smooth, plenty of power, comfortable, good gas mileage, dependable.

Doesn't matter because they don't build them anymore.

Good for me!
By Very Happy!!

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my car now for 5 years and I bought it with 60,000 miles on it. This is a very good running car and is great for the family. My car now has 196,000 miles on it and runs better than the day I bought it! For those who care the gas mileage is great as well as comfort and performance! I use castrol GTX high mileage and have since purchase. I think this may help with how well it still runs.But other than that the only thing that i have had a problem with is my back speakers, they only work when the car sits in the sun at about 80 degrees outside!!

Everything accept the rear speakers.

The rear speakers.

GOOD JOB GM
By GOOD GM PRODUCT

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years now and has been trouble free other than the intake gaskets. Great looks for an old car and the acceleration for a 6 cylinder is great. Fun to drive. For a inexpensive GM product I give it a very good overall rating.

Overall look, acceleration and good handling for a mid-sized car.

Get rid of the Dexcool coolant or improve the material in the gaskets.