Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

We've had ours for 8 years now..
By oldies4me

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Still low miles, but we can really Haul in it- we should have a SUV!- I mean 25 gal water, a cooler, tools, clothes, bedding, two dog kennels (in back seat of course!) and other stuff for going to our lakelot half the summer.. We had experience with the 3.1 v6 in a Corsica which went well over 100000 miles,; this one has about 80000 so far (retired; don't drive a lot anymore).. The nice surprise was fuel economy- 37 on a trip going 65-75 mph most of the way. Solid, great handling, loves to cruise at 70+.. Trouble? None- just did brakes first time.
If I could find a cherry GTP coupe I'd keep it as a collectible!

fuel economy, room in trunk, stance, handling, visibility.

Restart the Pontiac Division!

600 miles to a full tank of gas
By dcharger

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

love the car, got 209,000 miles on it now,,car was great on gas, but now have trans problem, and some motor problem, but after running it and dumping money in it, i still like it,, but like everything, it dont last forever, smooth ride, never cared for GMs, but this was the only good car i think they made, well thats that

gas milage

GM need to lower the price, make tran and engine last longer in stead of 5/50000 warr,, and get ride of half of all that cheap plastic lol

Great Car
By GPGTP

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My GTP is awesome. I love the supercharger and the mileage. I get 24 mpg combined. Would recommend to anyone.

HUD, Leather, Heated seats, Supercharger

Interior quality (better materials)

Pontiac: two words you lose
By GTtoGTO

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

when i first bought my GP it had 106K on it and now currently has 184K the performance even with the N/A 3.8 is very adequate and can only be better from the aftermarket. I've had a few issues over the last 4 years with it needed a new sway bar, steering rack, shocks, head gasket, intake gaskets. I've had many vehicles with far less miles on them and far more problems. Even after it all the car was worth fixing the amount of fun the car offers far out weights the cost(did the repairs myself cost about $1200). I live in central new york and the car has no rust Amazing! it has hooked me on Pontiacs forever hopefully the car will last that long because Pontiac no longer exists if you can buy 1

seat heaters great on your back after a long days work. handling and acceleration to make the thought of a long day fade away. massive interior space great for road trips.

why they never made a manual I'll never know. can't think of anything. why aren't you people buying these cars, they're great.

Great Car!
By BrittaniMcD

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car when my daughter was about 4 months for the extra space, a 2dr Civic just wasn't working out anymore! So far it has been a great car, it has about 176,000 miles on it but runs like it's new! I would highly recommend this car, especially to new moms switching from a small car to a bigger one but still wanting something 'sporty'!

Backseat and trunk space, Super comfy seats, Handling, Dual Climate Control.

Interior switches/knobs