Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Reliable, but has quirks
By Big Jim

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Has some electronics and electrical issues. Engine and transmission are solid. Got for about $5k several years ago. Hasn't missed a beat.

the truth about this care
By Austin Boles

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

do not get this car take it from me I have one it is terrible

I might get another!
By packisgreat

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've had 2002 GT Cpe since 2005 and at 125K it's going strong. Only larger repair has been a wheel bearing. It gets up to 30MPG-which was a 2200 mile trip at about 83 MPH in Mn and ND when it was at abt 110K. Uses no oil. Only irritating thing is the water leaking into tail lights. I'm looking to get a 2001 for my son.

Power-very decent MPG for the size and power Reliable

Too late they stop making Poncho's But the taillights leaking is a pain.

Great car, very reliable
By deabomb

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE that I bought in February 2003 with 24000 miles on it. Almost 12 years later with just under 110,000 miles on it, she is still going strong. The only major problem I had with it in 2008 was the known issue of the intake manifold gasket leaking and blowing coolant out. It cost me $700 to fix the damage. Other than that snafu, it hasn't given me any trouble. I love this car. Hubby wants me to trade it in for something newer with more bells and whistles, but I can't part with it. It has been a solid, reliable car for me and I hope I can get another 100,000 miles out of it.

My favorite features on this car is the enormous trunk and large interior.

I am not a fan of the cheesy car diagram on the dash, but I have gotten over it in the past 12 years!

200k and going strong
By jazbo01

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Update to a review a few years ago..my GP now was 200,000 on it, no visible rust we have owned it for the past 100,000 miles and the only work done to it has been maintenance NO issues-ever starts and runs whether its 100* or -40*. I drove this car back and forth for training 800 miles a week in -20 to -40 degree winter and the car avg 28.3mpg over the 6 week time frame..unreal! I have no plans on selling this car until it rots out and then ill buy another one. Great car!
Update-214k miles engine gave up at wide open throttle..it was my fault (abuse). Replaced engine, transmission and all accessories on engine. Back on the road running great broke 225k last week. Still no major rust. Update- 230k still going.