Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Good looks and comfort - Bad Tranny
By hamlir

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The car looks great and feels great to sit in. It was well made for comfort. The Tranny totally blew up with 129k on it. Reg service was done and even serviced the tranny at 50k & 100k. The think is nothing more than yard art since it wont move.

Driver comfort and layout of interior.

Tranny needs total re-engineering done along with redesign for under hood to ease with access for typical service work, i.e. tune up and oil change and filter replacement.

Lovable sports car
By G WILSON

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Pontiac is full load.Love my leather heated seats speedometer on wind shield, onstar protection,the body is just hot, more power than i can handle

Best car made
By Lori Davenport

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car 3 years ago and took many trips in it. It is very comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I will purchase another one when I get this paid off. It has everything you could ever want in it and I have never had any problems with it. It is an awesome car and I am proud to own a Pontiac considering I was a Chevrolet Monte carlo person. The Pontiac Gran Prix is the best car made and I would not trade it for anything. The gas mileage I get is amazing. I will buy another one and highly recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car.

Integrated phone system, smooth ride, plenty of room inside and the trunk is very big, and it has many safety features and the gas mileage is great. Very dependable car. Stereo system is great to be factory it is a premium sound system.

All of the grand Prixs should come with the items like the stereo system upgrated and a few other small things in the base models.Should come with a remote start and a sophisticated alarm system factory installed.

Cool hoop
By Chris

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 2 years. It has about 40,000 miles on it and has been very reliable. My only complaint is that the body moldings on the two rear doors are separating from the door. Also, the front air cowl is too low and hits the parking curbs. All in all, this has been a very good car for me.

stylish design, speed, acceleration.

lower rear door molding. front air cowl is too low.

Sharp Car!
By Bethany H.

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my new 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe yesterday and I am in love! ;-) This is not the first Grand Prix I've had though and every time, they have been very reliable, a blast to drive, the factory sound system alone is great, and of course, what a beautiful car! To anyone who is looking into getting a Grand Prix, I would definitely suggest it.

Other than the radio, my favorite feature are the radio controls built into the steering wheel. They really help me concentrate better on my driving when I want to mess with the radio at the same time.

N/A