Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Best Car on the Road
By Dr. Mike

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

To the idiot writing the first review: brakes,tires and ROTORS, are normal wear items on any vehicle. My Grand Prix is the best purchase I have ever made. The Pontiac 3.8 L engine is by far the best production engine ever made. If it is well mantained it will never wear out. I've had mechanics tell me they've seen 3.8's with the oil run out of them and seize not even need new rings! They run strong with excellent fuel economy and power - what more is there to want??

Power, performance, perfectly smooth ride. I run mine every week at over 100 mph without a rattle, shimmy or shake - and mine has over 100k miles!

First Car
By Roman

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car after having nothing but trucks sinc I was 16. I took one look at this car and it was love at first sight!! It only had about 65k on it and was in mint condition. I love everything about this car except for the rims that come on the special edition package, a minor setback. I have had no problems yet and I hope to not have any either. I love the gas mileage coming from a diesel truck that was getting around 11 mpg Yikes! It will get up and go with the best of them and stay up pretty good. It does govern out at 126 but I don't think that's a prob since I won't be going that fast all the time..

Everything so far

Better cup holders

Drawn to Pontiac
By clbsrodd

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Was always drawn to the style of the car so I had to have one. I am only the second owner of this 01 GTP SE and I love it. Just purchased the car less than a month ago with 85k miles. Was a very well maintained car so I was very lucky to find it. Great daily driver with plenty of power from the super charger with out using much gas. No complaints from me.

Style, spacious interior, fuel economy, supercharger.

NOTHING!!!!!!

Love my GT
By Gary

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my GT 4dr in Sept. of 2001. All 165,000 miles are mine. I have all service records, the car has been excellent. The only problem has been two power window motors, the dash cluster went out and had to replace the fuel sensor in the gas tank. Other than that all has been routine. I still own and love to drive the car.

The styling, the interior, the driving lamps, the wheels, the dual exhaust

I wish the sunroof retracted all the way into the roof and not just slide back on the roof. The bumpers tend to lose their clear coat after several years of wear. It has been a great car!

Not so great.
By Ashtyn

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've had mine for about 2 years now and have had nothing but problems with it. It did have 89,000 miles on it, but still should not have had that many issues. I've had to replace the breaks, roaders, some of the wiring and tires since buying it.I currently need to replace a head gasget and have oil leaking into my anti-freeze, which is a repair that is going to cost me a little over a thousand dollars. I was told that most Grand-Prixs start having mechanical problems once they reach about 65,000 miles.

It's comfortable and does have decent gas mileage for being a bigger car. Rides smoothly and I like that it's roomy. The style itself is nice and somewhat sporty.

Just needs better quality stuff under the hood!