Used 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Love this car!
By Bonnie

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Ive had this car for a month and I absolutely love it! I bought it with 28k on it so its practically brand new. I was really hesitent to get a car this big but Im so happy I did. I went from having a 4 cylinder to a 6 so Im not used to the gas mileage yet but it doesnt seem to be using that much. The car looks awesome and is so fun to drive! Im hoping to have this car for a long long time.

Fun to drive, feels really fast, looks great

Cheap plastic interior pieces crack and break easily.

Lots of power and style
By bw626

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We had a GTP 4dr with the supercharged V6. It had all the options. Bought it used with 100000 miles and didn't have a thing go wrong with it. I only had to do routine maintenace, get new brakes, and a align it. The ride was good and the interior was appealing. These are great, stylish cars.

the engine performance, heads up display, and all the options.

seats could be more comfortable.

One of the BEST car on the road today!
By Pontiac GrandPrix

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After totaling my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited V8 I was looking for a family sized sedan that was good on gas considering that I spent $120.00 on gas a week on my Explorer. When I first saw the grandprix I absolutely loved it. The aggressive front end, flared fenders, and its aggressive stance. I purchased it with 125,000 miles and it drove like it had 25,000 miles on it. Performance is on point, handling is precise, BUT fuel economy was extremely poor. I spent almost the same amount of money on gas as i did with my Explorer. I realize that the vehicle saves gas with 89 and above fuel grade than the lower grade 87. It even improved the performance. Overall this is the best car i ever had!

Its aggressive looking front end, flared front and rear fenders, and its low sitting stance. I call it my mini sports car. (mini as in mini engine) lol

Of course the fuel economy. I went bankrupt from spending so much on gas. The front seats are very uncomfortable. Its like sitting on cardboard with absolutely no support. And lastly a better stereo system. Overall i love it!

POJ
By deanke

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This was the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. I will never by a GM product again. I had to get the intake gasket replaced twice which was over $1200 each time. The headlights, heat, air conditioning, and windows stopped working. It burned anti-freeze and I had to replace blown-out tires 3 times. NEVER buy this car!!

it has air bags and comfortable seats.

Scrap this car and start over!

Owned it since new
By John Wakeen

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 2001 Pontiac GTP 4 door sedan since it was new. It has been a very fun car to drive, and I never grew tired of looking at it. Now one has to step up to a Buick to get the Heads Up display which I use all the time. It had a leaky manifold gasket at 74 K miles which I fixed immediately and so far I have not had the bigger problem with a failed head gasket which some of the GM Dex Cool engines have experienced. I have had to replace some wheel bearings in front, steering gear, and other suspension components. I still drive it to work daily and I have had a mechanic offer to buy it. We drove it in the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this summer. It gots lots of smiles.

Supercharger is responsive, quick, with little torque steer. Heads Up display is also very useful. I like the aerodynamic styling as it contributes to the good gas mileage as well as good looks. I am averaging 22.5 mpg overall which I consider quick good for a performance vehicle.

Needs passenger seat heater.