Used 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

My Blue Bird
By jackrussel420

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE with the 3.8 Liter motor and I have to say it is a fast car, for being just the SE anyways. I've gotten up for 115mph in under 10 seconds! Engine has oil pressure problems anyone know why? other than that the only thing that has gone wrong is I had to replace a window regulator which is typical for any car these days. Oh and did i mention mine only has 47,000 miles and it is 13 years old!

Radio, steering control, steering wheel controls

stronger door panels, different style cup holders

Batmobile, Tank, Grand Prix Coupe
By midwestboiler

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and it was a great first car.
Unfortuneatly, I was rear ended and ultimately had the car totaled.
The time that I had it though, was very enjoyable.

First, a V-6 engine allows for this car to be borderline over the top with power, but that didn't bother me.
The problem with all of the power was that the car averaged about 18 mpg.
The 12 gallon tank also forced me to have to fill up more often than I would have liked.

I had leather seats and they were very comfortable.
It was very easy to carry 4 passengers in the car.
While the doors were huge, it allowed much easier access to the back seat.

-Great pickup -Comfort -Nothing besides routine maintenance. -Good in snow -Good exterior look to it

-This car is very wide, which makes parking a bit challenging at first. -Gas mileage is terrible -Back speakers would cut in and out.

Great Performer if taken care of properly!
By gypsybeth81

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

I've had 1 major and a few minor problems with my coupe. I'm currently the second owner
and bought it when it had 84,000 miles. Unfortunately the engine blew which was likely the result of poor driving from the previous owner or myself when showing off at times :(
Since then it has been replaced with another engine with 30,000 miles less then the previous one, and I must say this has been the best performance car I've driven! And I've driven 15 to 20 different cars in my time. Handling is great,has lots of room for a coupe, and has ability for modifications on a smaller budget. Gas is average,but factory tail lights are poorly made and may leak in time. Some interior detail is poorly made.

Nice body style, performance, fun to modify (can often find new exterior detailing and performance mods in a wide selection like led sport lights,exhaust and engine systems etc), the handling and suspension, roominess for a mid size coupe.

alarm system is a little too sensitive(can't leave my alarm system on when parked on street or near busy roads), tail lights can leak easily, wish they made some of these models in rear wheel drive for better racing performance, consol and cupholder could have been built more sturdy, and front passenger seat ought to have had power options as well for extra comfort. The coupe doors can be a hassle sometimes when parking in cramped lots,but, that's the price for buying a semi sport/luxury mid size coupe hahaha!

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
By ferd0626

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan

I got this car with 62,000 miles on it. Said goodbye when it reached 105 K. The car had good performance by late 90s standards, best 0-60 I did was 8.2 seconds. Steering was decent, but pedal feel was mushy and the headlights were very poor. Fuel economy was mediocre, about 24-26 hwy. Ride quality was average. Liked the exterior styling, especially the tail lights. Interior was not very good, the door and dashboard panels were cheap. Poor assembly, each power window went out at least once, and flimsy cup holders. Besides the windows, other issues included an intake manifold problem, loss of ABS and traction control after a couple of years, and the stereo went out.

Acceleration, gauge cluster display, exterior design, dependable 3800 Series II engine.

Better headlights, improved suspension, better interior build quality, heated seats, automatic climate control, fold down rear seats.

Best Used Car Been Very Reliable
By Ladylynnette

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2dr Coupe

this car is the coupe and has very good suspension with the low track. Has luxury along with takes corners really well. I bought my car with 95,000 miles on it and it still runs like a new car, it now has 112,000 miles on it. I occasionally have something go wrong. I had the air mass flow sensor go out and then replaced and runs great again. It is more sporty luxury than complete sports car. I have really enjoyed it. It is much harder to find the 2 door couple which is much sportier looking.

The low track so rides corners very good. Has luxury ride mixed with a sports car like ride without being too rough. I enjoy the transmission automatic with the overdrive where you can downshift on corners. Very fun to drive

does use gas when pushing on the has a lot.