Used 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

A Wonderful Car
By Pabbs94

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car off the showroom floor and have had it for 11 years. It is still to this day, sleek, fast, and hugs the road. It handles great in snow, rain, and perfect for taking corners fast in optimal weather! I have contemplated buying a new car, but I have yet to find one that looks as sporty, classy, and built for comfort as my Grand Prix. I have had to work on the transmission, but all in all, this car has been very reliable.

Body style, the way it hugs the road and overall handling, interior design.

The cup holder is rather useless, other than that, I can't think of anything I would change.

Decent car with style
By brad

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Bought as second owner with 50k miles on it. Owned it until 130k miles. Transmission went out around 80k. Performance started deteriorating at 100k miles. Otherwise, was stylish, comfortable and fun to drive.

body style, interior style - multiple compartments, radio controls on steering wheel, huge trunk (housed 2- 12 inch speaker box with room to spare)

better mpg, engine quality after 100k

love my car
By kelley

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

I love my car. I purchased the car when it was 2 years old and it has been a great car. As long as you keep up with your normal car maintenance it will do you proud.

94 lemon
By gator1139

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 2dr Coupe

Pontiac should go out of business along with the olds. These cars are junk! I bought this car with 30,000 miles in 1996 and nothing but problems since, replaced the brakes 4 times, the turn signal switch 2 times, smokes more than i do! Has a rattle noise from god knows where, and i rarely drive this peice of crap! mostly sits in the garage waiting for repairs! weak 6 banger, should have never purchased it! Never again buy american car.

The body style only.

pontiac going out of buisness

Great starter car
By Chris

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4dr Sedan

My dad bought our '94 Grand Prix SE from a friend at work (him and his friend are mechanics) for $500. After putting in about $500 worth of parts, the car runs fantastic. He had to replace the turn signal (it wouldn't click into place, you would have to hold it down while turning left), the starter (expensive key included), all the hoses, belts, plugs, wires, and the brakes. After all the basic repairs were done, the 180k mile Grand Prix was running strong, and still is. The car's steering is great, ABS, just an overall nice car to drive. The great thing about Pontiac is the replacement parts are CHEAP. Cars break down, but with basic maintenance you can reduce that chance...

The car is very comfortable to drive. The driver's seat is a bucket (not leather) and the blind spots are minimal. I like how when all the ricers want to race with their fancy mufflers, I floor it and go right past them. Not bad for an OLD car with 190k miles now.

The rear brake calipers have problems with pinching onto the rotors once the pads are worn down. In fact, my right rear grinded my whole rotor down. This can be avoided, though, with regular brake pad replacement. The cupholders in the door are just retarded, I'm sorry. I love the car otherwise