Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Joe, 11/09/2005
SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just rolled over 100,000 miles and have only had to replace a window motor and fan switch. The front in rattles when going over rough pavement, but can't really complain about the car.

Great car! But

Robert, 10/28/2010
GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first real car and I absolutely loved it! The car was great in the snow, handled the highway very well and looked so good on the outside that an additional custom paint job on the hood had passers by turning their heads and giving thumbs up! The GT version is not overly common and I enjoyed having a car that separated me from the cars that my friends drove around.

Second Owner Experience

ruffrider2k2, 06/30/2012
GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car with 50k miles in 2009 as 2nd owner. Carfax showed well maintained. At 130k miles now. Have had to replace rear window motor twice, catylitic converter 70k (free), both cylinder head gaskets 80k, fuel pump 80k, brakes 80k, two sets of tires 85K &100k. Upgraded to better tread on second set of Yoko's with 30k so far. Get intermittent turn signal failures and switch noise when not in use. Security light on rarely, but does not disable engine start. Transmission hard shifting occasionally and have to shut and restart engine to resolve. May be electronic or going out. Oil changes and maintenance regularly.

Good Riddance!

jimdes, 07/27/2008
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I'd be stuck with this car, but fortunately, I totaled it. It was nothing but trouble from day 3. First, the radio had to be replaced because it was draining the battery when the car was parked. Then there was a series of electrical issues, primarily with the brake warning lights coming on indicating the ABS and ETS were not functioning. Pontiac didn't know how to fix this and just told me to keep driving it. Finally, on the 5th attempt, it was fixed. There's also a common issue that the blinker sound will come on while driving. Thank God I purchased a 60K warranty on this when I bought it brand new! My partner, on the other, hand purchased a 2002 Grand Am SE1 and had 0 probs

ga gt

cwood, 04/20/2002
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

my car is awsome.love the handling,the performance,and the looks.it asks what i want from the car and has a lot of room for a car that is considered a midsize car.so far not one problem and am always smileing to my car when i'm about to drive it .its styling is quite distinctave and my only problem is that there are too many grand ams on the road ,but i must remind myself that only a few are GTs!!!....if i had a say in future grand ams is that they should have locking gas caps,and a power antenna.oh one more thing lighted visor mirrors!!!!!thank you pontiac.

12345...19