1999 Pontiac Grand Am Consumer Review: Great car!

1999 Pontiac Grand Am - Consumer Review

SE2 Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great car!
By stefanie42 on

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE2 4dr Sedan

I inherited my '99 Grand Am from my grandmother when I was 16 (in 2005). It had 117,000 miles on it and had no problems at all. Shortly after getting it, the window on the driver side refused to roll up. The volume control for the radio was faulty. Those were the only things that ever happened to it. I never got them fixed, and was fine. Went to college for a year without it. Sat for 2 years w/o driving. Replaced coolant system, fuel pump, and battery and it was back to running great! The side mirrors fell off (easy fix-it-yourself). Have to junk yard it because I got rear-ended. I'm sad to see it go. Considering getting another. Excellent car. I definitely recommend it!

It's fast, and looks great for that year! I'm trying to find another affordable car that looks that great around the same year and it's almost impossible. The interior is sleek and beautiful. Cloth and vinyl. Easy to clean. Very comfortable. The seat hugs your butt. Decent sound system without upgrades.

Needs stronger window motors, stronger side mirror mounts, and better volume control on dashboard. Wish it would get better gas mileage too. Otherwise, everything else is fine!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review