Skip to main content

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
2.75 out of 5 stars

96 Grand Am disappointing

Ken Stufflebeam, 02/22/2006
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my teenage sons to drive, 98k, SE model, 4-door, 4 cyl, auto. Thought it would be economical and practical transportation. Trans failed at 108k, no heater now - core failure, many repairs required, gas mileage not great for a 4 cyl, 21 city 26 hwy, squeeks, creaks, rattles. In all fairness it was worn out when I got it and you get what you pay for.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Used GT

GM User, 06/05/2002
1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan

I bought my wife a used '96 Grand Am GT with 42,000 miles. I thought that was low milage considering we bought it in '02. I went ahead and purchased an extended warranty, thank god. After owning the vehicle for one week we had to replace the Window motor driver side, the head gasket, the O2 Sensor, and the Alternator. Granted, we purchased used so I don't know how the vehicle was being maintained by the previous owner. But I've heard similar problems with this model from other owners.

3.25 out of 5 stars

Decent for 13 year old car

md, 02/24/2010
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600 last January. I took it to a mechanic before buying it so that I would know there were not any major issues and what to be prepared for in the future. The transmission, motor (although it does need a new motor mount)and other major components seem to be doing well. In the past year I have had to replace the tie rods, CV joints ($500) heater core (300) and serpentine belt. I do not feel that this is to much work to put into an other wise reliable car for the cheap price I paid. I now have 188,000 miles and expect it to continue going strong. I think people who have had back experiences with this or any car did not do their homework or mechanic check before buying

4.63 out of 5 stars

Total road warrior

Jordan, 03/28/2006
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr Sedan

I have had my car since august 2005 and it has been so much fun. it is so great for having fun in whether it be street dragging or what ever it still got the job done in the end it has great low end and high end torque and everything is original except the alternater t-stat battery and starter and of course maintanance stuff. but if i was given the opportunity to buy another one it would be sooo worth it and i was 18 when i bought it on my own and there is not a day where i would go without it. and it handles so quickly and well at 90 mph and when going that fast you look at the road and your doing 110 mph without even knowing it. IT HAS A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM.

2.25 out of 5 stars

bad idea

kps, 10/02/2004
1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4dr Sedan

I paid six tousand for the car and put in 4000 worth of engine repair work into the car

12345...9