Skip to main content

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Typical GM experience.

Kanchou, 03/06/2002
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

While the interior stuff is nicely located, the seats aren't good for entering and leaving the vehicle. Trunk space is cramped compared to others. Engine response is good when traction control is off. When turned on, there is a noticeable help with rain/ice slippage. Several components around the engine required awkward maintenance; Various sensors, valves, a lead pipe from the AC. . . but the engine itself, as well as transmission were strong. This I've come to find typical in GM engines.

4 out of 5 stars

AMAZINGG!

grandamgtlover, 11/15/2011
1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

This car is AMAZING!! I painted it and it looks like a race car! my car is so fast! I have a cold air intake and dc sports racing exhaust with a cat back. It sounds great. I run a 11 second 1/2 mile! It tops about 105 due to rev reduction. Trans spinns great!

4.38 out of 5 stars

every pennies worth

Bryan Mirzaian, 01/12/2010
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

My dad bought me this car 10 years ago for little more than $6k with 67k on the odo. 10 years later,I still (hard) drive it daily with over 200k miles. @ 178k pulled a 16.07 sec 1/2 mile having less than $180 in performance parts,& that was with almost a half sec crap start! I use full syn oil, changed timely,& replace the usual parts when they fail. Parts failure is inevitable with any car, its the nature of the beast! But have never had to crack the motor open & thats the more pertinent point. Cost of ownership has been very low.My quad4 motor began smoking V6 GA`s with a $25 cone filter, so not sure why one would choose the heavier V6 that has more moving parts to potentially fail.

3.88 out of 5 stars

My grand am gt

maddy, 12/07/2002
1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr Coupe

I recently bought a used 96 grand am gt, so far it has been ok other then my alternator is already going out...but I also have the 95 grand am gt and we have replaced the alternator once, the heater core, the brakes, the thermostat 3 times, and just recently the water pump. but other then that (which is a lot) i have had no MAJOR problems...I love the new look of the 96-98 model grand ams...and it handles well..

4 out of 5 stars

Third time is a charm???

meaghanmcb, 12/30/2002
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr Coupe

This is my third GA and I was hoping third time's a charm. This car was fun to drive, BUT repairs were often, costly, and repeated. I replaced alternator twice in 18 months! Had to replace fuel line, brakes, struts & shocks, gas cap (twice-????), 2 fuel injectors at once, then another, window motors... I did routine oil changes, tune-ups, etc. Normal wear-and-tear expected, but... Very high maintenance in my opinion. I would recommend this car only to someone who needs a cheap car for in-town driving--with my experience the GA's go down hill after their 4th birthday :)

12345...6