Used 1991 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe Consumer Reviews

$733 - $1,886

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

amy

1952, 04/13/2002

its an ok car.

Gettin it

Thuggin, 11/11/2003
SE 2dr Coupe

Best car ever, routinly smokes mustangs

An Economical Car that is not a shoebox

smurfmobile, 04/13/2013
2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Grand Am for my son when it had 146,000 miles on it. There had been several previous owners. I bought it for him, but he gave it back to me. To resolve oil leaks, and running problems, I had the 2.5 L engine rebuilt. By the time I finished repairs, A/C, brake cylinders, paint, carpet, starter, Rt front wheel bearing, I was getting about 33 mpg on the highway (w/out AC on.) i had spent about $6,000. The car now has 235,000 miles on it, and the only problem is a slightly weak reverse gear. I'd rate the interior and exterior higher except for plastic, and poor trim. Oil filter hard to change w/out getting leaks, but the engine is all metal. No plastic manifold to crack!

Great Car

Louise, 09/11/2009
2dr Coupe

This car was purchased new and I still own it. It has 256,000 miles on it and still going. Had an electronic problem 3 yrs ago -cost $500 to fix. Only other problem has been the alternator-apparently a weak link. It goes out every 2-3 years. Have been replacing them with one from a junk yard because just how long can this car last. Now just keep a spare on hand. Radiator is now leaking so needs some work there. Easy to reach into back seat from the front while driving to retrieve those articles. East to see around when backing up. GM should make more of these cars. Also have a 04 Grand AM but it lacks some of these features.

great car

holtz, 03/06/2010
LE 2dr Coupe

I have had the car for a year and a half.Had very little problems. changed the egr valve, valve cover gasket, alternator. but very easy to work on.