2008 Pontiac G8 GT: 10 Things You Don't Know About The Last Great Pontiac
May 03, 2009
1) To improve weight distribution the G8's battery is in the trunk.
2) It has more comfortable seats and better ergonomics than the Cadillac CTS.
3) It's entire rearseat does not fold down, but its center section does, so long items that are not too wide can come along for the ride.
4) There are no cupholders for its rearseat passengers (The two in the center fold down section are so lame they don't count.) (Sorry cocarguydj.)
5) Only the G8's two front windows feature auto up and down. (thanks cocarguydj and carguy622)
6) It does not require premium gasoline, nor does it use expensive sythetic oil.
7) It'll out drag race a Dodge Challenger R/T 6-speed.
8) Its 6-speed automatic has a Sport mode that really works, and it matches revs perfectly when you downshift it manually.
9) It has more tire noise than it should.
10) When you use its 361 hp to burn its Bridgestones through first and second gear it really pisses off the hottie behind you in the SLK55 AMG.
Scott Oldham, Editor in Chief @ 20,614 miles