Used 2008 Pontiac G8 Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac G8

View reviews for a specific G8 model:

Saved my life
By thankful

2008 Pontiac G8 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Only had 5400 miles mine when a tractor trailor hit me and drove me off the road and the car rolled over. The car is a total loss, but I walked away without a scratch. not only was this a great car to drive, it saved my life. I plan to go out and get 2009 G8 as soon as the insurance claim is settled.

handling and styling of car. Safety!!

manual transmission

Grrrrrrrreat! G8 GT
By Randy

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Without a doubt this is the best car I've ever had and Pontiac has ever produced. The horsepower and torque are perfect. I like to drive spirited and the car handles perfectly. The factory tires don't hold in wet road conditions but that will be rectified with new ones. I get 18mpg city and 24.5 hyw. I've had no rattles, or any maintenance issues other than the usual oil changes and such. I had the factory stripes put on mine and let me tell you the flat black on red will turn many heads. The gas mileage definately went down when I put them on (just kiding). I am not sorry for buying this car, to my regret it will outlast Pontiac. To sum it up, it's fun to drive you'll love it, buy one.

Watching BMW's disappear quickly.

It doesn't get any better than this for this price!

1 Year and still love it
By Rod

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my G8 GT, it will be 1 year on the May 23rd. The mileage has gone from 15 to 18 mpg in daily commute and and I do not spare the horses. I am just glad that with Pontiac going away I am luck enough to have the last and probably the most awesome car Pontiac ever built. I have heard rumors that GM may bring a Police version of the G8 to the US as a Chevy. The Holden Commador is the #1 police car in Australia.

The pedal under my right foot

Don't let the G8 die it is the best rear drive sedan ever produced by an American car company. I can live with a Chevrolet version.

Hammer Down
By CEllis

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought my G8GT with sunroof, sports and comfort package for my wife as we our first child neccessitated 4 doors. My wife LOVES this car as do I. The power this thing has is incredibly smooth and I regularly find myself going faster than I should. The only weak areas of this car are the brakes, lack of navigation, no memory for the driver (my 98 vette has it, why can't a 09?), the manual knob for the seat back, and the lack of bluetooth in lieu of Onstar (boo). Other than those little things, which are forgotten once I put the gas pedal to the floor, this car is a rockstar. In fact, I will be looking for a nice used GXP once I pay this GT off.

6.0 Litre V8 pushing 361 hp; three shift modes seat warmers

Navigation, power seat back, better brakes, and perhaps some HID headlights

Awesome!!
By Matt

2008 Pontiac G8 GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It's a responsible family man's sports car. Powerful, great handling, room for 5 comfortably.

the Power, handling, room. Fuel mileage is good for a sedan with this much power.

none