Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Right when they got it right.
By Ryan

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my G6 V6 for over 2 years now, I had one item replaced under warranty which was the transmission cooler lines because they started to leak at the fittings. I did have to replace my brakes prematurely but that is mainly because I bought it used with 19,000 km on it and it had sat in the lot for almost a whole year and the rotors got rusty. It drives great, gets good mileage, looks pretty good tinted out with black rims. The stock stereo is amazing except for the lack of an aux. input. One other mechanical issue I'm having is my left front strut already needs to be replaced (leaked out) @ 48,000 km. Definitely premature to the 80,000 km recommended replacement. Even so still happy!

Inside and out the car looks sharp. Smooth suspension (when struts aren't leaking). More than sufficient power. Great stereo sound (bassy). Spacious interior. Very quiet ride.

An all wheel drive option would be nice. Audio input jack on stereo.

Check Engine Light
By Karen

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Pontiac for a year and a half. I love it. I do not love the problems. My check engine light goes on and off and the engine machines says it is fuses. We have had all those changed check eng light still on and still says fuses. Also my wipers stopped working and we do not know why. I have always bought a GM but now I am not so sure. My seat has already broke the water pump went what problems I am having. Should have bought a 1000 car instead of a 12000 car

Safe, but fun car!
By rachel

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my pontiac G6 for over a year now and i absolutely love it. A month after i bought it a deer jumped onto my windshield (on my side) while i was doing 65 mph, i slammed on my brakes and my car slid off the road. I, as well as my two passengers, walked away without a scratch. I haven't had to replace anything on my car since i've had it. I love love love my car and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe, sporty, and reliable car.

Outside temperature read, interior space

make an iphone jack hookup

Take that Hybrids!
By Kamea

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Many friends laugh when I mention my car gets over 35 mpg on hwy. I average a 150 mile commute everyday and my meter can vary from 32-42 mpg (varies on my speed, 65-80 mph). either way I LOVE IT! I schedule my oil changes every 5,000 miles (not 3,000). I have not done my transmission fluid change, yet. and I've put over 87,000 miles and it still runs like new!

Style, reliability, comfort, gas mileage, and class

well, there's no more Pontiac, but an aftermarket MP3 hookup would do wonders!

Average Luxury Car
By Jessica

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 4 cylinder G6 2007 for about a month. The first problem was it has warped rotors. My car was a lease with only 20,000 miles on it so I don't understand why it has warped rotors. The mechanic says that it could easily happen by slamming on your brakes while going through a deep puddle of water at high speeds. Yeah sounds simple but if thats the case that sounds like an accident that was not reported. Next, either I like to drive too fast or the car is slow at kicking in speed. I previously had an 2003 Alero with 121,000 miles and it drives very similarly to that. Not good or my Alero was in excellent condition (and it was)But for an 07 I expect more. Overall the car is great!

Interior, the firm seats, exterior, very roomy, drives smooth at low speeds (20 to 35 mph), Keyless starter.

Does not drive smooth (4 cylinder), tick noise when engine is cut off, brakes go easy.