Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Great Value
By BRMike

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I replaced her 2000 Grand Prix GTP coupe with a a 2007 Blue-Gold Chrystal Metallic G6 GTP sedan. Through the first 7200 miles we've taken it on one road trip thus far and achieved an average of 30.6 mpg. Overall my wife and I are happy with the G6 GTP. However, the steering rack had to be replaced (warranty). The steering rack replacement was painless and took just one day (great local dealer).

The powertrain is wonderful. The car is fun to drive for what it is (I have a modified 2004 GTO for spirited driving). The automatic climate control and leather seats are also a plus.

I would like to have a couple of memory settings for driver seating settings.

G6 Never Again!
By Brent455

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. The Sun visors fall out if you try and move them to the side windows, the starter re-engages on its own after start up, the throttle sticks open from time to time, the wind deflector on the moon roof broke about two weeks after purchase.

Radio

Nice looking cars but GM has really gone down hill. I have always owned GM cars but this will be the last, I really cant believe they put a car on the road like this with so many problems.

Very disappointed with this ride!
By KCOOK

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has given me nothing but headaches. I had 2 head gaskets blow when it had only 12,000 miles on it. I also cannot keep brakes on this car. It only has 32,000 miles on it and I have had the brakes worked on multiple times. The rotors just do not last. My latest repairs included spark plugs and wires and leaking sunroof just this past week.

The thing that I like best about my car is that it has an automatic start which is very useful.

Start over. Would love to trade however, I am so upside down that it is not a feasible choice at this time.

Love my Pontiac!
By Diva

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my G6! I recently moved from the north, and when I bought it over a year ago, barely anyone owned this car. Now having moved to south, I see more people with it, but I still feel good driving mine. This was my fourth car in less than 3 years, and I love it the best! Like another person said, this is the first car I am not sick of driving within the first few months. I love the design because it's sleek and smooth. I would not trade this car in for anything, and I can not wait to see how the G6 evolves over the next few years.

I love the exterior design the most. But other options I love are the self- adjusting wiping blades. Also, I love the interior red lights on the dashboard! I have tinted windows on my car, and it looks so good at night.

I would put a 6-disc changer in all base models (automatic engine).

bad
By wayne

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car so my wife would have a safe reliable car, this is the first car I ever purchased new, 3000 miles the dealership changed the oil and didn't put oil back in the engine, car broke down on interstate and had to be towed back. got no help from dealership and have since purchased a Honda Civic, do not buy a car like this it is cheap, and not reliable

nothing favorite