Used 2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

I'll NEVER buy a Pontiac again.
By graceangeleve

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for 5 years, so I know what I'm talking about. My car has 70K miles on it, and I've had more problems with this car than ANY car I've ever owned. Essentially, everything under the hood has had to be replaced. Today they told me that my transmission is OUT, and I dont push or pull ANYTHING! Electronic steering is out, electrical problems GALORE, brakes are crap and constantly have to be replaced. (keep in mind, all of my miles are HIGHWAY miles ONLY!) I dont speed, dont drive crazy. I can say it's definitly pretty to look at and thats it. Even my seats are squeaky, so is the dash. Its horrible. Dont buy this car.

It looks nice. Literally everything else is crap.

Needs better engineering. The engine/transmission/brakes/sunroof/remote starter/all electrical (everything)/lights/steering/ball bearings/and callipers. Oh yea, and the entire Sound system is horrible. Literally have had mine replaced 3 times, all under warranty, and the third one which all of a sudden is no longer covered, is doing the same thing all 3 others did.

Never buying american made again.
By bob

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased one and all I have to say I will never buy a GM vehicle ever again. Im always on top of any maintenance and im not a crazy driver, this car has been a money pit, something breaks on it every 5000 miles, im on my third engine, and have had nothing but problems with the rest of the drive train. For the amount ive put in, to keep it going I could have bought a new car. next car will be a honda after seeing what American made can do. now I see why GM has had such low sales over the years.

Great First Car!
By tco_1994

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine in June 2010 for my first car, it had 81,600 miles on it, I've had it two months and it's been great! and I don't drive it easy, its ramped a ditch and hit a field and nothing broke at all! my only complaint is the sunroof randomly opens as it pleases, and sometimes when it start it keep turning over instead of catching, but no big deal! I'm 6'2" and i have the seat only 1/2 way back and it adjust so that my head doesn't hit the ceiling. I always get compliments on the exterior of it, and that's always nice too:)

GT wheels:), 6 CD changer, lots of room, huge trunk!, cloth seats are really comfy too!

fix the starter thing! and make the dashboard so that it doesn't creak on bumps!

Love My G6!
By G6 Fan

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my G6! I've had it for 5 years now. It's at 75,000 miles and has not had any major problems whatsoever! The styling is beautiful, both inside and out! My only minor complaints about the interior are that the leather is fading a bit on the left-side edge of the driver's seat (I must sit extra hard on that side) and some of coloring on the radio dials is starting to fade just a tad. Mechanically speaking, it's been a great car! Lately, I've had an odd sound when braking, got it fixed before brake pads were adjusted or something, but now the noise has returned. But it's apparently no cause for concern. Despite these minor flaws, though, it's been a great car and is very fun to drive!

Reliability, Beautiful exterior and interior styling, 6-disc CD player, Sun roof, Auto headlights (why don't all companies make this standard equipment like GM?), Radio / dashboard display, which gives the owner lots of useful information like MPG, estimated miles 'til next refill, temperature, etc.

None

2005 G6 GT
By sms1

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I've ever purchased and overall I've had nothing but headaches with it. The first thing to go was the stereo wiring within the first year, which was fixed under warranty. Then at 62,000 miles the timing chain in my engine broke. Thankfully a call placed to the GM customer center got my engine replaced for free even though the original warranty had expired. Last year I received a safety recall on it for brake light & cruise control issues, had that fixed and now a year later, I'm experiencing the same issues again with the brake lights. The only reason I've kept it this long is that the engine now is pretty new and it's almost paid for.

It is a really fun car to drive, especially on a nice day with the panoramic moon roof all the way open.