Used 2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Simply Awesome!
By Tim

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first brand new car that I have owned, and I know that I made a great choice. Cars have never been so much fun for me until now. The 200 horsepower V6 is definitely enough power for me. I am honored to own a 2005 model, because it is the first year that the G6 was introduced. I am very happy with my choice.

The remote start and locks. The stereo and sound system. The very attractive interior, especially the illuminated red dash controls and guages.

Longer arm rest between the front seats.

2005 Pontiac G6
By yen

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a GREAT car. It's got style and performance! I was pleasantly surprised at the smooth ride and the roomy feel

the sunroof

G6 GT, its a great car
By Dan

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 since January and its got almost 20k miles on it. I have had my fair share of problems but for the most part its been great. The major problem is the car doesnt start right most of the time and when you hit 5000+ RPMs the engine screams, literally. Everything else was just small stuff that either got fixed at the dealership or just went away on its own. They need different tires or something, i went to the dealership and they told me the tires need to be replaced within 10k miles, somethings up with that. Anyways the car is a blast to drive, its got every option but the bigger sunroof. Its go really crappy gas milage i found out, im lucky if i get 20mpg.

Auto with Manual, sunroof, heated leather seats, onstar/xm radio, 17 chrometech wheels, great in the snow, just remember to turn the TC off.

Better tires, do something about that plastic piece on the bottom of the front of the car, had to replace that 3 times already.

Finally an exciting Pontiac
By Steve

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It drives like no other sedan on the road today. It does not handle like a sedan in the sense that you have to pay attention to what you are doing, and in this day of people yapping away on a cell phone this could be a blessing. It fun to drive and I find myself driving more than I used to drive. The cosmetics of the interior are uninspired with the notable exception of the gauge cluster. Acceleration is crisp and the sport shift 4-speed is just plain fun. The seats are comfortable for long trips or the short hop to the grocery store, but are forewarned, space in the boot is cramped. Two thumbs up, Pontiac finally put some excitement back into their basic grocery getter.

The 4-panel roof, the Monsoon Stereo, the seats, and the fact that it has wider rims than most sedans at this price point.

A five speed trasmission would have been nice and maybe a little more headroom in the back would be a bonus as well.

New Pontiac Owner, formerly Chrysler
By Anita

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought of owning anything but top of the line Chrysler, my previous vehicle being a 1996 LHS, leather interior, etc. However, I had sore knees from them being against the dash all the time because I am so short. I love how the pedals and the steering wheel come to me on the Pontiac G6 and I can now drive in complete comfort with my legs and arms outstretched. I love the way it handles and its sporty look. After 20 years with the Chrysler dealership out of town, I am now converted to a dealer in my own town who showed me this great little GT and let me drive it - well, one like it. Loved it so much, had the dealer trade for one in a neighboring town (they had none left).

Movable pedals and steering wheel. OnStar. Red lighting. Panoramic sunroof.

I have been used to a garage door opener in the roof, but my model doesn't have one. However, I see that it IS available. I was lucky to get the G6 that I got, which is fully loaded otherwise.