Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Firebird

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Great sports car
By johnpr

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have enjoyed every moment with this car, I have traveled across the country in this vehicle and have allways enjoyed the ride and the power on demand feel of this car. The only reliability issue I have ever had with this was when the battery died. This is hardly an issue though as that is a normal maintenance item. Anyhow, great car with a great ride and comfort.

The t-tops and the large engine

53 and my new muscle car
By cness05

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

This car is hot. Red 5.7 V8,6 speed trans with out the skip shift. It has great looks.drives like a dream,and more get up and go than my 72 Camaro had. But this car's ride is much better ,and will set you back in your seat very quickly. As far as fuel mileage it does not matter, what a thrill to drive. To sum this car up GM made a mistake dropping the Firebird and Camaro lines. I love this car and will keep it a long time. This car is priceless.

This car is a head turner, sounds great. Handles like a dream, and with the 5.7 V8 has more than enough HP to keep anybody very happy.

I think GM hit a home run with these cars. Would not change anything. One great muscle car in an era gone by.

Killer 2000 T/A WS6
By stringer

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Third trans am I've owned, and the fastest. Love the racey exterior, and interior. Handles great around corners, passes with ease. A definite looker. A very fun car to drive.

WS6 Fast engine. Great looker.

Put cruise control on the steering wheel for ease of use. Start making them again!

Mean LS1
By Wildstar43

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have had two cars previous to the Trans Am. Both were Camaros and I have been pleased with the over all reliability and performance of the car. Not to mention getting the parts to modify the f-bodies are easy to find.

Too much to list but I love the performance and stereo system.

Pro-charger and k&n air intake system. Borla or Flowmaster performance exhaust and a programmable chip.

4 Years in Germany @ 163.2 mph
By Zebranapper

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars are amazing. I moved to Germany in Dec 2000. Was there until Jan 05 and I had 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Autobahn everyday @163.2 miles per hour (except in the rain I slowed to 120 mph) which is where the STOCK rev limiter kicks in (5th Gear 5750 rpm) Then drop it in 6th the car slows to 150 mph at 3700 rpm. At 110 miles per hour I got 26 Miles per gallon on a 300 mile trip. For $28,000 new you still can't beat me for the bang for $. I am returning to Germany this Spring for 4 more years (maybe more if I can retire there) of exquisite experiences of running down the autobahn at small aircraft velocities and still get reasonable gas mileage. Minor mods make this and excellent "Bahn Burner

6 speed, 163.2mph (verified by my Garmin GPS) This car can achieve and maintain this speed tops on or off and headlights up or closed. Beautiful Functional lines (yes the "Batman wing" really does work but only above 45 mph. It is an ambassador to the world, and will be when I move back to German

I have Cross drilled and/or slotted brakes I have the Centerforce Dual friction clutch AND lighter Flywheel SLP intake Jet Hot Cermaic coated 1 3/4 in.headers Magnaflo Stainless exhaust. 1/4 mile 13.0 @108 on Kumho Ecsta 712 stock sized tires. It is a Daily Driver and it has 101,285 miles on it.