Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Firebird

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

I love my Trans Am!
By md4dmse

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I got this car before I got pregnant with twins, so it doesn't see as much use now as it used to. The WS6 coupled with the convertible was actually my dream car and I was amazed and thrilled when I got it! It has never disappointed me at all. At 8 years old with close to 90k, I've only replaced a wheel bearing and a window motor outside of regular maintenence. A pretty good record if you ask me. The gas mileage is unbelievable for this 5.7 too! I use Bosch platinum plugs and get over 30mpg when I keep the air filter clean. I have absolutely no complaints with this car after 4 and a half years of ownership, and I still drive it multiple times weekly even since the twins! Can't go wrong!

The Hurst 6-speed, the growling exhaust (aftermarket), the absolute power, the "snotting" nose, the most comfortable leather seats ever, the aggressive stance, I just love this car!

Better interior materials (dash and trim panels), better trunk interior (very cheap and cheesy carpet, looked like it came out of my old Kia)

Great Vehicle
By MOI

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This car has never had a problem, we have never done anything but normal maintenance. It has also lived in California, New Mexico and Minnesota, and has done well everywhere

Love Trans Ams
By Shell'sSSR

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have been driving a Trans Am since 1981. My first one was a 1979 4.9 gold one that was 2 yrs. old when I bought it. My best and favorite one! I drove it for 200,000 miles and had the engine rebuilt. Loved that car. Drove it for 17 yrs. Then ordered my 1997 Trans in 1996, then my 2000. I've been giving her a rest because now I also own a 2004 Chevy SSR. I really like vehicles. We are G.M. people only because of my brother, Mike, who worked for them before his sudden death in 11- 05. Miss him severely. I used his gm discount on my 2000, so I probably will never let this car go. My car is very clean,never in any kind of crash, babied like no other (except the SSR) and only has 50,000 mi.

I Love the outside, flared fenders hood scoop, short back, long front, spoiler, honeycomb taillights, rumbling purr of the engine, and it's fast!

When is the new Pontiac Trans Am coming back? G.M. should have made a Trans Am instead of a Camaro. It has more muscle to it"s look.

Poor Quality
By JNas

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought this vehicle for my son back in 2000. It's done nothing but cost me money. Things that normally don't tear up on vehicles fall apart on this vehicle. From the power windows going bad, emission problems, replaced fuel tank and pump, replaced rear diff, pinion seal, replaced numerous lights switches, power steering pump leaked and on and on. I've spend almost as much money in keeping this car running as I did when I bought it new. This car has only 68,000 miles on it. My toyota 4 runner has 165,000 and I've only had to replace the brakes. I'll never buy another American made car.

Learn from Toyota or Honda about how to make a quality vehicle.

This Black bird is BAD
By Rick

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with 45 miles on the odometer and have had more fun than should be allowed.Be sides a dead battery and headlight motor this car has been a gem to own. It now has 91,600 miles on the it and it still barks the tires in the first three gears.I guess I should mention that it has the 6 speed tranny with the Hurst shifter.I've added a k&n air filter and flowmaster exhaust a month after purchase

Six speed transmission and Hurst shifter