Skip to main content

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Classy old car

Michael, 12/06/2016
SE 4dr Sedan

My 93 Bonnie has been in my family for 20+ years. I've owned it personally since 2013. Has power mirrors, automatic headlights, sunroof, and power seats. Great visibility. Acceleration is adequate. My mileage is 16-18 city and 27-30 highway. Great highway cruiser; VERY comfortable and roomy. I think the styling of this car was way ahead of its time - still looks clean and respectable two decades later (I also like the dash layout a lot). The only downsides I can think of are poor handling and turning radius (no U-turns in this car!). It's had plenty of repairs in the last four years (lots of hoses/lines have been replaced, along with sensors and fuel pump) but that's expected at its age. No problems at all with engine or transmission. 3800s are wonderful. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a car that's inexpensive, roomy, comfortable, and gets better gas mileage than almost any other large car. It's been fantastic for me.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Great for high mileage drivers

HighMileageUser, 01/13/2004
SE 4dr Sedan

I drive close to 40,000 miles a year. Combined HWY/CITY driving. I get oil changes every 3,000 miles, and have to replace the brake pads once a year. That's absolutely all for maintenance! I love this car. Close to 200,000 miles and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Very pleased owner. Have driven cross country, and easily averaged 450+ miles per tank!! Normal city/hwy for me is 325 per tank. Safe car too!

What a Car!

Travis Filing, 01/23/2003
SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for five years and have put on 120,000 miles on top of the 50,000 it came with. when I bought the car in 98 I replaced the alternator, then replaced it again in 2001 and last year I replaced the brakes. THAT'S IT!!!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Good Car!

MARKB, 02/12/2004
SE 4dr Sedan

I have had real good luck with my Bonneville. I bought it used in 94' with 40k miles on it. I was a little skeptical about it but it was loaded with all the features I wanted. So here I am 10 years and 150K miles later. All I have done is routine care and maint for the most part. I did have some brake work (master cylinder and reservoir) as well as alternator replacement.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Best car I ever had.

thenry, 02/20/2004
SE 4dr Sedan

The best car i have owned yet. 1 alternator change but the 4wheel anti lock brake has gone out twice. I use castrol oil in it ever 3,000 miles. 133k miles and she still has all the pep as when i first got it. The car is mechanically awesome.