Used 1993 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Impressed!
By Alex

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car when it has 125,000 miles. At 225,000, Its still chugging. I use it all the time to make 325 mile road trips home from the University.It Runs great at I can make aboout 350 miles on a single tank! My roomates nicknamed it "Old Faithful" For the money, This car is a true work horse. The ride is pretty quiet and smooth, Its sturdy enough not to be shifted by the draft of large trucks. Its supprisingly fuel efficient for the 3.8 litter engine. The interior is huge. Ive never had any major mechanical problems. Be a little weary of leaking hoses near sensors though. Its no "hot ride", its not "sexy", but it feels great to have a car dependable enough to get you where you are going.

I love the roomy interior, The HUGE trunk, and all the little dohickies inside. I changed out the radio for a CD radio though because it came with a tape deck.The air is COLD (which is very neccesary in Miami). The Suspention and eterior noice control is top knotch.An overall pleasure to drive.

Change the rims, They are hard to clean. Change the radio if it dosent have CD. Change the speakers if you are into a good system. As long as you stay current with all the maintnance you will be fine.

The Bonnie just won't die!
By Kyle S.

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car with 142k on it, it's been a little over a year and I'm about to break the 150k mile barrier. I can only say good things about my beloved Bonnie; she's never failed me. This car is great; I give it my full recommendation. If you're looking for a good car that will last with you through thick and thin, then this is the car for you.

Good pickup, comfortable as all-get-out, stoutly built, easy to work on by a home mechanic, etc. etc.

Rear door seals can leak, especially in the bend on the back part of the rear doors - check them from time to time to make sure they don't pull away from door and cause water to come in, interior quality in spots leaves something to be desired...

One of the best ever
By SCBonnyOwner

My 93 Pontiac Bonneville has been the
best car I've ever owned. When newer,
36 MPGs were possible when highway
driving. Now with 203K, 22-24 is
average. I've replaced evey major
engine appendage (alternator, power
steering, tensioner, etc.), but the
engine itself is still going strong.
A/C has been the most problematic.
I've spent 1k over the years in A/C
repairs, but a new factory compressor
at 175K miles seemed to solve the
problem. For an American car, the
Bonneville is one of the best.

Engine. The 3800 Series 1 is a great engine! Watch plastic plenum in the Series 2 engines.

Power mirrors and longer-lasting A/C parts

Best car I ever had.
By thenry

The best car i have owned yet. 1
alternator change but the 4wheel anti
lock brake has gone out twice. I use
castrol oil in it ever 3,000 miles.
133k miles and she still has all the
pep as when i first got it. The car is
mechanically awesome.

Good Car!
By MARKB

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I have had real good luck with my
Bonneville. I bought it used in 94'
with 40k miles on it. I was a little
skeptical about it but it was loaded
with all the features I wanted. So
here I am 10 years and 150K miles
later. All I have done is routine care
and maint for the most part. I did
have some brake work (master cylinder
and reservoir) as well as alternator
replacement.

The 3800 is a real good engine, and the performance is good enough for regular drivers like myself. It has a real nice ride and has held up well over the years.

Interior stuff. Like the radio controls on the wheel, they stopped working so I just put an after market cd player in it. Also the A/C knobs have cracked (about $12 each) The sun- visors and clips are lacking, and the right-rear power window stopped working.