Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Pontiac's secret
By Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Last fall I had to purchase a new vehicle. The 2004 Aztek was one of my purchasing options. I have never been happier with a vehicle. I believe it is one of Pontiacs best kept secrets that the general public has a tendency to overlook simply because it doesn't fit their ideal mold of a reasonable looking vehicle. When driven conservatively, the Aztek may get 24 mpg. In 170 miles, used 6gls of gas (holds approx 18gls). Driving reasonably under winter driving conditions, this vehicle drives like a tank - my biggest surprise yet! I feel safe transporting my child in this vehicle, and am happy to take other passengers along. This a reasonable SUV for reasonable budgets!

AWD: Changing to the provided spare donut tire, the vehicle automatically senses the different tire and disables AWD! Reasonable price, sturdy upholstery, large interior, accomodating headroom, rear passenger air vents & power outlet, fold down rear seats & removable console cooler/DVD holder.

Larger rear view mirror to accomodate viewing through large back windows (please keep the rear spoiler as it "evens out" the back shape of the vehicle).

Very disappointed
By Ebony Green

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been nothing but trouble since purchased. Has experience several problems each month since I purchased it. Problems such as stalling, loss of power, gear shift not going into gear at all, cruise control not working, paint chipping, car running hot, burining smell and smell of gas, gas tank rattling. I have been out of the vehicle for a total of 70 days. I would advise any consumer to check with the department of transportation before purchasingthis vehicle. This vehicle has shut down on major highway more than once and could have cuased my family and I to be killed.

Sun roof

Every thing about the vehicle should be improved. Service techs need to be improved by general motors so they can not be able to continuoulsy tell the consumer that their vehicle concern can't be diagnosed.

PONTIAC AZTEK- Get 1 Before They're Gone
By Susan Skinner

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our first Aztek in 2001 and found it to be a joy to own - no maintenance. no problems! When my husband read they were discontining them this year (05) we drove from Georgia to Ohio to get the model we wanted...they are so comfortable, have so many included features that cost more on other makes, are such fun to drive...we love our Aztek! Who cares if Jay Leno makes fun of them!

heads up display, camping tent, pull out cargo tray, heated seats, great paint which stays glossy forever!

Won't matter since this is the last model...- but the spoiler in the middle of the back window looks okay but reduces rear-view vision somewhat.

Really love it
By K moore

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had one for a company car. I had alot of long trips and noticed how comfortable the ride was and got great gas milage. I went out and bought onr for the family.It has alot of head room and is great for pulling our boat. Great for tailgating as well.

Great sound system, low noise, lots of space and head room. Great cargo space.

change it looks a little.

2005 Aztek
By Donna Wesse

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, fairly good on gas, good acceleration, very comfortable, plenty of storage room, extremely good looking layout of dash, especially at night.

sunroof, ten-speaker radio with in dash CD that holds six CDs and sattelite radio, backseats fold forward and removable for more storage.

Make a better looking vinyl seat, make it a little less square in backend.