Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

my pontiac
By 2004 Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace wheel covers while under 12000 miles feels kinda top heavy when applying sudden break

roomy functional great music systom lots of power

better wheel covers

My Fishing Family Loves My Truck
By carol L Evans

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and 2 boys are avid fisherman. who love to take my truck on their overnight trips, because the boys get to leave the docks and go back to the truck and lie down when the get sleepy.. we now also go to the drive inn instead of to the local movie theater, this allows kids to be able to move around while we are looking at movies, they take toys and food and moveies are now fun for them......

.. we now also go to the drive inn movie theater instead of to the local movie theater, this allows kids to be able to move around while we are

allow a little more space between the back seat riders and the front seat riders when the are getting out of the car i have a 15yr. old son with a size 13 shoe that get stuck when he gets out

Aztek Review
By Lisa L

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased this vehicle. We LOVE it. We were told that many people thought it was ugly - and we've actually had the opposite experience. I was stopped at a light the other day and a group of kids in their 20's said "Awesome Wheels!". I like the look of it and I like that it doesn't look like everyone else's car! People also said it is difficult to see out the back - it took me no time at all to get used to it. I have no complaints whatsoever. I completely recommend it and since they aren't making them anymore - you can get a pretty good deal on them right now.

We got the Rally package with ours - with the pull out tray in the back - makes grocery shopping a breeze. I didn't think I'd like that at first - but I love it - makes loading and unloading much easier. Also love the tint on the windows - can't see what's in the back.

Only disappointment is the gas mileage isn't as good as I thought - but we're still under 1,000 miles so I was told it should improve some once it's broken in a little more.

Interesting thing, this Aztek
By Bri

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A surprisingly practical car. Good cargo capability (but not minivan good), good gas mileage (much like a minivan's), respectable performance (a lot like a minivan). But, my wife and I weren't ready for the minivan niche. Certainly a love/hate appearance, but we have the "Rally" edition, which I think gives a more pleasing flavor to the underlying Aztek weirdness. A recent (May 2005) recall on the ignition system is a must-fix; we just started experiencing the effects (kind of ironic, in a way), which include vehicle stalling. In-laws have a Chevy Equinox, which I like better. However, the Aztek might have the price advantage given its impending discontinuation and overall poor sales.

Flexible seating for an SUV platform; trailer package with auto-load-level, oil/transmission cooler; pretty chrome wheels on the Rally edition; "right sized" cargo compartment for everyday hauling needs; side airbags and ABS; good Pioneer 10-speaker stereo; very comfy seats

generally poor visibility from within; very stupid split glass on rear hatch with ill-conceived spoiler (horrible view); exterior mirrors don't fold; back seat entry/exit difficult for people with normal size feet;

Don't purchase
By LYNDA

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car burns 1quart oil every 1000 miles, they say exceptable. Moaning from rear end, they hear but they dont know what is causing the problem. A/c quit and there is a tt bullentin on it . Car shifts horrible, and sometimes doesn't. Rear spoiler blocks vision. Trade in value is the worst! Today 6/8 ny newsday reports 10worst reliable car in the us! Dealer has been unsupportive to fix the vehicle.This is the 5th pontiac i have owned always showing loyalty to pontiac gm, note not anymore!! I will seek a better tradein and a better warranty!

Awd in snow worked great!

Better warranty and get rid of that horrible window and back gate.