Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

So far so good
By Ambiegirl

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car after researching it for hours and hours and came to the conclusion it would be a good car considering the lowest rating was a 6.5, compared to a ford explorer which was like a 1.1. I love the design of the car i like unique things and this is definitely unique. My camping vehicle i have been waiting for! I bought it at 68,000 miles and hopefully it has a lot of life left because I noticed ive never seen an Aztek for sale with over 100,000 miles which makes me kind of nervous

Ahhh faves. The cooler, the reclined back seats, the fold away back seats to make lay down room, the cd player is great quality with lots of bass, the design.. I like it! The handling, doesn't even feel like the car is on when started. And.... The 3 cig lighters will more than likely come in Handy

Um like others the trunk hatch sticks, and is heavy, but oh well... I've never owned a SUV only sedan cars so I don't know if the gas mileage is good or not, I know I get nervous when I fill up the tank and the next day its nearly half after driving 20 miles... And... I dunno thats it!

Never thought I'd buy one of these!
By Selhaus

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Never in a million years would I have thought of buying an Aztek, they look awful. Then I drove one. Loved it. The flexibility it offers is great. The style has even grown on me. My friends all laughed when I bought it, but even they like it now. My only problems has been seeing past the spoiler and sometimes the back latch does not unlock. I have to press it 3 or 4 times. It was a lot of bang for the buck. Who knew?

Seats are very comfortable, easy to read control panel. Cargo box that came with it is great. Love the cooler!

Rear wiper, better rear cup holders.

Incredible and underappreciated
By Charlie

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this vehicle has been a true joy. Its spacious interior has been very convenient, and folding middle seats function better then any other vehicle in its class for my needs. It's got the spacious function of a mini-van, without having the larger size. I also used the Aztek tent combo with it, and whilst I was moderately unimpressed by the tents ability to keep water out, I really loved the mattress and how perfectly it fit into the back. I took this vehicle on a 3500 mile road trip without a single problem. Love the way it feels to drive - very comfortable. It has good pickup, and sufficient torque for its class. A great experience owning it.

mid seats folding - more spacious then any competing model in its class in vertical space.

All of these vehicles came with Dex Coor antifreeze in the engine, and this has been widely known to cause expensive problems with causing leaks into the engine. If you get it, make sure it has either been changed, or change it yourself, and save yourself expensive repair.

GM Service lowest of the lowest
By vjchap

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The enjoyment of this vehicle is overshadowed by having had it in service three times for hub replacement - $600 a wack. The first time was covered by warranty, but the other two times it wasn't. Even the ones that were replaced had to be replaced. 3 times to service for the same defect, once each year for the first three years I owned the vehicle. It would make sense to most consumers that GM would care- but they don't. They even had recalled hubs,and denied me the recall reimbursement. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to replace them again. I only drive the vehicle to work. My husband and I have had several GM products, but we'll never purchase another one. It'll be imports for us now.

For a utilitarian vehicle it's very nice interior, and it's great in winter driving.

Gave a lot of money to GM for this vehicle. I deserved more respect as a customer with the hubs. I believe the new Equinox is the same vehicle, just a different exterior design - so be careful, and check out the hubs.

I love my Tec
By Alex

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable, fun vehicle. It is probably the best new vehicle I have ever purchased for the price I paid. I paid $21,000.00 for a very well equipped mid size SUV that has plenty of room for 2 kids, luggage and even a mid sized dog.