Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

A lot bang for the buck
By H

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Aztek new in 2003. I drive a lot of highway so I wanted a few more comfort options and I wanted a vehicle that would sit up higher and have more room without getting a truck or a minivan. The car has been great with 2 large dogs and our child. It rides comfy and even though I thought these cars were so ugly when they came out, I actually like the look now. The car has been very reliable. I have read that consumer reports says to avoid them yet I have had few problems. The oil changes were always on time, I replaced the front brakes and bearings and had the 100,000 mile flushes done. At 113,000 miles the car is still riding as good as when it was new.

The heated seats! Definitely a must have in the winter. I also love my heads up display on the windshield and my premium sound system.

Rear hatch does occasionally stick and it is heavy. It also took a very long time to get used to the bar in the middle of the rear window.

love my aztek
By Barbara

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this has been an exceptional SUV. I bought it when it had 35,000 miles and now it has 146,900 + miles! I have had a few problems, but who doesn't on an older car? Of course, I didn't buy it for its looks! People laugh at me, but now they think I'm pretty smart.

It handles well. It has a lot of room and with the price of gas $3.55 to $4.00 per gallon, it is worth driving.

More driver leg room. No spoiler (fin) in the middle of the back glass. It is really hard to get use to.

03 pontiac aztec awd
By sassymom

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my yellow Aztec in used had everything in it. High mileage but have not had any major problem, just normal wear and tear such as brakes tires, and wheel bearings.

Love the over head ups display to tell me how fast i am going. Whenever we go somewhere have no problem finding my yellow car

rear hatch does not open easily

I love Azteks, but...
By lovethe'teks!

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Aztek for a year and put only 10k miles on it. Even though I have had to replace everything but the seatbelt buckles I still love it. It is very comfortable and handles well with Michigan weather. I don't like the fuel economy (gas is 3.89 here) but can't complain since for it's size it does well. I only need a new fuel pump and I'll be back on the road with the silly looking thing. :D

I love love love the roominess and the camping package!

Make them a little more reliable, most people who have one have kids and can't be stranded in dead winter in the middle of the intersection with a newborn and a 2 year old. GM didn't make the mechanical system very trustworthy.

never by another
By Ray

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got the truck 12/02 new it is an 03 and it has 65,150 mi on it now. I did not have problems until I took it for an inspection, all of a sudden, wheel hub, steering rack, strut mount, can't get key out, converter replaced, the lasted thing is this past Saturday my 3 yr old and I were out it the temp outside got to about 87dg and my truck would not start, had to have it towed to jim ball, they were closed and did not open until Monday, I called them about 10 a.m. and they asked me what was it in for, I stated because it did not start and they said it started them and they could not find a problem I told them it was not getting fuel and they couldn't find the problem at first it was the fuel pump.$700

at first no problems and loved it

Dealership need to have better prices on parts for this truck, and when in for a repair don't keep the truck a week for a 2 hr job. i would never buy again