Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Nothing but GOOD!
By Liana

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2003 . I have NEVER had any trouble with it. I change the oil & have tune ups (regular stuff) but thats it. This is a GREAT car. Plenty of room!! Great for trips. I have the leather seats, 6 cd changer, moon roof etc. FABULOUS car! I would buy one all over again! I can ONLY say good things about this vehicle. I really do like ALL the room withour it being a huge SUV. If you have an opportunity to buy one, go ahead - do it without hesitation. This car has been extremely reliable!! Mine is not a 4 wheel drive but it handles great in the snow. GREAT car!!

EVERYTHING!

Best choice yet!
By Lesterd

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We HAD to replace a car. It had over 300,000 miles on it, so we get an Aztec. It has the a cd player and the basic 6 speaker sound system, and air conditioner, and ABS. Everything else is standard. I also just recently received my permit, I have had if for 5 months. It has been an awesome driver, I love it. It is pretty darn powerful for a V-6. I hit 95 passing a truck just plain flooring it. And the standard sound system is so amazing. I put it on full blast playing the song "My Michelle" by the Guns n' Roses and I could hear it during road construction 2 blocks away. We also just had to replace the oxygen sensor, and now it is a beast. It is way louder and way faster Recomend it

Sound system, speed, comfort and usefulness. Also got 38 MPG on the highway on an 800 mile trip. Not with me driving, though. I get about 22 when I drive. Begginer.

A little pricey for used, maybe a V-8 and some sort of package with bigger tires, a raised lift, and some stuff for mudding.

good early - poor midlife-okay now
By ttbbjjmm

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

bought aztek new 2003 was great till warranty ran out. common problems occured then. Wheel bearings, intake gasket, 2 ignition key switches. I kept the vehicle after all the repairs and it's been good. I like the features especially the awd.

AWD and versatility.

Beautiful, but flawed
By Angela

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful SUV, classy and elegant in black. Bought @ under 7,000 mi. Had to replace passenger wheel baring @ 40k mi. Replace driver wheel baring @ 50k mi. Now must replace again 4 months later. Need to replace brakes too often. Leaks coolant. Doors don't always unlock. Locking doesn't always "beep". Rear hatch doesn't release without helping hand. Settings 1 & 2 on AC/heat don't work. At a stop it will "jump" forward for no reason nearly bumping car in front of me. Rolls forward after putting in park. Hard to find parts outside of dealership. All common problems according to other sites. I'm so sad b/c I love this car so much. I want to keep it forever, but may have to trade someday soon.

Interior is very sophisticated and attractive. Love all the extras. Drives like a dream. Feeling of safety b/c of size and spaciousness inside.

Overhaul on wheel baring systems, and cooling system. Simple repairs such as door locks and hatch should be done in a recall. Lots of little things could be fixed and would leave owners feeling more satisfied with vehicle and less upset about big repairs which will be needed with many Azteks.

Aztek
By Derek

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Do not buy! I bought this vehicle a year ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. So far I've had to replace the intake gasket ($1000) head gasket ($1500), heater core ($500) and shifter ($500). I bought this vehicle at a reputable dealership thinking it would be OK, boy was I wrong. So far the tally has come to $3500 in repairs and of course the warranty covered nothing at all. Every review I read at the time said it was a great vehicle. It is anything but a great vehicle. Your better off getting something else

The whole engine