Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

I Love It
By Tommy N Daniel

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i love my aztek my baby bought it for me 2 years ago and the only thing we have had to do is change the oil, put a set of tires on it and new brakes all i can say is that its not ever left me standing out in the cold/heat and that i love it lol

i love everything about my aztek

i love everything lol

Ugly But Functional
By Steve

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly impressed! First American car in 30 years, and it's really nice! No complaints, except for having great difficulty putting gas into it. Have had diagnosis by 3 certified mechanics, replaced fuel vapor canister, fuel evap solenoid and STILL have to put gas in at about 5 cents a spurt because the nozzle keeps kicking out. It's smooth, quiet, powerful and has a number of features I was going to invent one of these days. I recommend a buy, if you're more concerned about function than appearance.

Automatic headlights, easily removable rear seats, easy to drive.

Some aesthetic restyling would help

Excellent value
By borych

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had car for 7 years now and have been more than satisfied. Recently had a few significant repairs. Over all am quite happy with the purchase. Runs well. Good gas mileage 18-24 mpg for a 6 cyl AWD model. Excellent in deep snow! This car lives in New England outside and has served well. Only minor cosmetic drawback is that it does not come with gas cover. Many people over the years have asked what happened to it. I keep needing to explained that this is the way it was designed. If they still made them I would buy a new one.

AWD, Excellent sound system, winter drivability. Excellent storage.

Gas cover would be nice. Lighter rear hatch. Few women I know had trouble opening it.

Wonderful Experience
By Bruce

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the best car I have ever owned! You sit up high, killer sound system and best of all the Heads Up Display on the windshield (no tickets ever). 140,000 miles and have only had to replace some front and rear bulbs. I can take out the back seats and fit in full 4X8 sheets of plywood and close the hatch. I have a hitch and I pull my 2 carrier motorcycle trailer loaded with ease. I've had people out in public tell me my car is ugly, but I always liked the futuristic styling, reminds me of a vehicle from the movie Bladerunners. Wish I could get a new one! Sorry the Pontiac brand is now gone!

Cool futuristic styling, killer sound system (I would compare my sound system to an aftermarket system). Tons of storage capacity. Love the Heads Up Display, you always know how fast you are going, no tickets!

One thing, i have never liked about my Aztek. The rear hatch window has a bar (brace) going through it. When looking in your rear view mirror it cuts a line through your vision. If it was all glass it would have been better.

Unhappy customer
By yolonda hunter

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Aztec not even 3mos. Ago and I'm having problems with the brakes, wheel bearings, headlight shift gear ac unit. I was told that the SUV went through to inspection and that everything was working fine that's not true these cars can be a good car if you can repair it yourself because it's a costly vehicle to have so I don't recommend this one at all know. Wonder they stopped making them in 2005 because the only thing they offer is space don't buy if you use this vehicle as an every day car please.

the sound system

the brakes, wheel bearing ac system gear shift, head lights