Used 1997 Plymouth Neon Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Neon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Good Car!

happy,happy, 05/16/2002
2dr Coupe

One of my favorite cars, (I have 7) Never lets me down. Bought used at 43,000 miles. In 35,000 miles I have fixed..... NOTHING! I do my own maintenence, oil plugs, etc. It's faster and handles better then my antique Italian sports car! (No, it's not a Fiat!) My only complaint is wind noise, so far I've been too lazy to adjust the window angle so it's my own fault.

My Perfect Car

Neon Lover, 10/02/2002
2dr Coupe

Since I was 15, I wanted a Neon. At the age od 20 when I finally got a license and save dup I purchased one. It was a 2 door 1997. My Neon was perfect. It was there whenever I needed it; for late night food runs or appointments at the salon. I didn't have any real problems other than getting new spark plug wires. It took me from Alabama to Miami and back on several occasions. At 67,000 I was in an accident where my Neon was hit. It was totalled, but it helped me to be able to walk out ok. Thanks, Neon. I'll miss you.

great second car

spyklee, 08/27/2004
2dr Coupe

i purchased my neon spring of 99. 2.0 SOHC 4 5spd. has good power, i have not exp. any major problem, 2 biggies though, 1 paint pealing, has primer issues with certain colors, mine is white, 2 valve cover seals for spark plugs eroded away, causing oil residue in spark plug section easy fix. car is great to get around town in, it is fun to drive. although on long road trips (500+mil) seats get uncomfy, and fuel tank is small. good gas milage though. sound system is not bad. trunk is good size, two sets of golf clubs and suitcase no problem. summary great point a-b car or first car. watch the paint. i love this car.

My neon hasn't let me down

happy neon owner, 09/09/2002
Highline 2dr Coupe

I purchased my neon new off the lot, and I've never had a major problem. I've put over 69k miles on the car in 5 1/2 years. I even towed a small trailer from the Northeast to the West Coast and back. While still under warranty, I had the head gasket replaced. I also spent the money to get the 60k mile tune-up package at the dealership. I expect it to be my primary car until around 90k.

Great Little Car

Montana Driver, 05/28/2002
Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a student in 1998 when I needed something affordable with fairly low payments and have had few complaints. The car has 64,000 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work. The most money I put into it was when I had to change the timing belt at 60,000 miles - which is a standard repair at some point in most cars. The car got me from Montana to Florida and back with no problems and I get at least 30 miles to the gallon on the highway. I think it's a great, affordable car for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a vehicle.