Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Night Mare !!!!!
By rosetat2

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 olds intrigue in 2003 with 4100 miles on it. it has been the best till this year. car now has 114108 miles. I get oil change always. got transmission fluid flushed & power steering fluid flushed & oil changed. had leak in tire fixed cost 499.00. Then my track light, antilock brake light & track light came on also Service eng soon. no ac ,no cruise
replace ignition switch assm,replace alternator & fuse assm, replace rf wheel speed sensor harness cost 1478.00. after security light would pop on while i was driving then when i would shut car off then on it would go off. that went on for a while till one day car would not start but when i would keep trying it would start like a

charm. took car back to Don Larson replace cylinder kit cost 477.00 this is all in the last mouth & half. I have always loved olds but right now it is a night mare!!!!!!!

Ultra Reliable
By Gord.D

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car now since March 2009 (with only 60,000 miles on it) and have put about 30,000 miles on it in one year. It's my daily driver and it's been very comfortable and super reliable (I've changed the tires and the oil and that's about it). While GM may not have figured out Interior Issues by 2002, they sure figured out the mechanical stuff with this car. An excellent buy Used if you can find a well looked after example.

Engine, transmission, reliability, everything still works (including the AC)!

Nothing I can think of, if you make allowances for the usual 2002 GM vintage fit and finish / interior plastics

Great car with bad windows
By FOX72

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with 78K on it already. Replaced the tires immediately and it's the smoothest ride I have ever owned. The engine is solid. After a year of use (7 year old car) three out of four windows stopped working. I took the door panels off to check it out and found that the plastic pieces on the window motor had cracked and the cables were getting jammed up in the motor. Now at 110K, the AC just went out. Nice car, may need some repairs to keep it comfortable.

The engine is powerful and really makes up for some of the car's shortcomings. It really is fun to drive.

The dashboard could have been made better. There are gaps between the dash and the vent covers and the right side airbag cover pops up on one corner. The window motors are the worst I've ever seen.

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By Steve R.

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I leased a 1999 GL and when GM announced the phase out of the Intrigue in 2002 with the end of Olds, we had to buy one while we still could. We got the GLS fully loaded for about $25,000. After 8 years and closing in on 200,000 miles, (not a typo), it is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. Impressive pick up for a car of that size. The 3.5L V6 with regular maintenance is as durable as they come, and still purrs like a kitten. The optional "Precision Control System" gives the car great handling, especially around curves at higher speeds, and the ride comfort is very good for a sportier car. Still getting 24/28 mpg. A great car. Too bad GM couldn't sell more of them.

Great handling with smooth and powerful acceleration. Good fuel economy given the size of the vehicle. Bose stereo gives great sound and you could fry an egg on the heated seats. Comfortable and roomy.

Front windshield on passenger side leaks in heavy rain if parked on an incline. GM could never figure out why. Gas gauge stopped working after 125,000 miles. Costs about $600 to fix. Just set the trip odometer and fill up at 300 miles. GM should have made the car as a Buick after 2002. Too bad.

Great car! What was GM thinking???
By R.Hach

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first Olds Intrigue was totaled when another driver ran a stop light at 70 MPH! Later when I went back to the salvage yard to get my personal belongings, the Police were there and told me that the car durability saved my life, so I bought my second Olds Intrigue in 10/2007 with 27k on it. I do outside sales on the road, I now have 90k on it. Other than basic repairs (tires, battery) it has been problem free. Comfortable for long trips, rides smooth, and the A/C blows colder and cools faster than my wifes 2006 Chevy Impala! Why did GM kill Olds? My sister just bought herself one with low miles. She used to laugh at my Olds, now she is glad she got hers. People can't believe it's 7 yrs old!

Overall body design, High 20's MPG, Comfortable, Great response, Smooth ride. Not one rust spot! Great value for your money! I found my second Olds at a Honda dealership! I got a great deal....I think most people don't know much about the Intrigue. Well worth the money!

No MP3 jack in the radio (but in 2002 MP3 were not that popular...yet!) The paint is wearing off the radio knobs. Nothing else I can think of, and I have owned two Intriques now!